-
Posts
16 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by Emblazonries
-
After my interview, Gregg said that we should hear from him the second half of this week!
-
Waiting on Montana for fiction! Assuming rejection at this point since its so late, but I do wish they'd just put me out of my misery...
-
to all those rejected by UO, dw the weather is sad and dreary anyways lol chin up everyone! 🫶
-
I can't speak for the individual school/process, but I will chime in from my experience. I submit unofficial transcripts to all of my (15) schools and got 2 kickbacks before the deadline—from University of Alaska, Fairbanks, and University of Tennessee, Knoxville. With Alaska it was very straightforward: the stall was automated and as I was uploading supporting documents, I emailed them and just asked if I could submit my unofficial instead since my degree was in progress and they said sure, it showed up on my portal soon after as waived via unofficial. With Tennessee they wanted official, I got a more personal email and it was after everything else was submitted and my application was going to be sent to departmental review, so I had a big *sigh* moment and paid the $15 to send in officials, but only there. Sorry that was longwinded, but basically saying it wouldn't hurt to send a quick email to submit unofficals! Worst comes to worse they will prob just tell you they need officials, as it is still before the deadline
-
Brown acceptances and waitlists in 2025 came out around 3/19-3/20 and rejections around 3/21! In 2024 acceptances (poetry) around 3/5 and rejections (poetry) 3/6. For fiction acceptance/waitlist 3/8 and rejections around 3/11 so it could be earlier, but safe to say it will be in March!
-
I just woke up from the most vivid dream where Michener sent me a personal rejection. Letter started professional but then started going off the rails and kept talking about how much I suck, why would I even try to get in their program, I wasted their departments time, etc. Woke up all sweaty disoriented and feeling like the worst person alive until I remembered.... I didn't even apply to Michener?? And their results came back like last week via email??? My subconscious is playing tricks on me lol I relate to a lot of the stress here
-
Congrats potential future classmate! No email yet, no. Checked my portal because I saw someone on Draft had added theirs lol. Was poking around their website and found that we will probably be receiving a formal email in the coming days https://creativewriting.gmu.edu/graduate-program/faqs and funding to follow, fingers crossed!
-
Fiction! The other entry on Draft for today said Fiction as well
-
Accepted into George Mason! No funding info quite yet but super excited! Can't believe this is real.
-
I thought the opposite! Since its their first year they might take longer due to their systems/procedures not being entirely in place yet and having a smaller team for (what I assume to be) a large application pile. Also, since it is the first cohort they might want to take extra time to make sure they hit the ground running with their student's strength to potentially "prove" that the program can hang with the rest of the established ones, in a sense. But this is entirely my speculation and with NO basis at all haha I would also hope they send it out sooner for my own anxiety!
-
Happy Valentine’s Day! Woke up, it’s grey out, my stomach hurts, and a lovely little UW Madison rejection was waiting for me in my inbox. I hope someone has better news!
-
That does sound like a long road wow! Fellow STEM nerd, thank you thank you for the motivation
-
Ray Bradbury and Cormac McCarthy are some of my favorites! I am going to check out the rest of the list for some extra motivation! And probably should be reading more literary fiction in general lol (so hard to pry away from fantasy and sci fi)
-
That's a good way of putting it. I am hoping to bring some of my medical background into my pieces so hopefully the alternate perspective is received well. Fingers crossed. I've always wanted to join a writing group as well and should definitely look into that for the summer!
-
Ah I see. Very frustrating since the writing center at my school only takes English majors, but you are right—I totally should have been applying to lit mags! Thank you for the advice about the MA too, next year I might look into that ahhhh
-
Hello all! Chronic lurker, first time posting. Everyone is so kind and supportive here it feels like a dream. I was just wondering how often MFA applicants receive their Bachelor's in non-liberal arts subjects. I have finished my applications for the 2026 cycle (yay!) and am beginning the waiting process where I stew in my own anxiety and question EVERYTHING so bear with me haha. I am a Biology adjacent major, chemistry + history minors on the premedical track at my university, and have taken a grand total of 0 English classes. I have manage to squeeze in some Creative Writing courses, but the credits are minimal compared to the heavy STEM focus of my transcripts. I have been feeling a bit of insecurity/anxiety regarding the imbalance, especially after making it to Round 2 of Tennessee Knoxville where applicants are required to have completed 18+ credit hours in upper division English (I submit the full application anyways, fully knowing I could be thrown out on the draw). My undergraduate thesis advisor is also the MFA director at my University, and he says that it does not matter what my major is, so long as I write a kickass story for my sample. I'm not saying I don't believe him... okay, I am kind of worried that he is just trying to be nice haha. I was just wondering what everyone thinks about transcript evaluation and if little to no on paper liberal arts experience will harm my application. Thank you!
