I don't think so, unfortunately. My institution also does not disclose ranking. Even if you did know your ranking, it's difficult to predict how many people will turn down the scholarship for you to move up the list/receive the award. Not sure if you can reach out to someone to get advice on the situation? Perhaps a graduate advisor? Perhaps check out Reddit for insight into similar experiences. Goodluck!
It's difficult to say. It depends on your ranking on the alternate list and whether people turn down the funding from that institution. I believe some people have had success finding out their rank by reaching out to those in charge of the scholarships at their institution. I know people who were offered SSHRC the following January as an alternate. So it could be a while, if you are successful eventually!
I did not see a topic for this year's CGRS-D, so I figured I would start one! This is my first year applying for the doctoral scholarship (SSRHC--first-year PhD student). Not feeling super hopeful, as no one in my department has gotten it in a while, but I think I have a strong application. We will see! The countdown is on.