Jump to content

ojo534

Members
  • Posts

    27
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by ojo534

  1. got accepted into a program run by one of my fave poets... was so happy and excited... met w financial services person today and they cant guarantee consistent full funding for all three years... looking like its back to the drawing board for me b/c i do not want to get my mfa while living through financial turmoil... may see me back here again next year
  2. gradcafe trolling is like a whole new level of unemployed that i didnt even know existed and yet here we are
  3. Got my off-the-waitlist email with an acceptance.... burst into tears immediately. i feel so lucky and i am going to try my hardest to make this offer turn into my future and my next three years! sending so much love and luck to you all
  4. Question: If I don't hear anything from my waitlisted school by EOD April 16... should I send a follow up email? Should I be sending a follow up now? What is everyone else doing while they wait?
  5. not sure if anyone was/still is waiting to hear back from hunter, but i just got my official rejection from hunter poetry this afternoon. wouldn't be surprised if they've just finalized the cohort this week or something currently sitting at 0A, 1W, 8R, 1P.... holding out hope for that one waitlist....
  6. I think it comes down to how you view the teaching assistantship: are you excited about the idea of teaching or are you just planning to do it b/c that's what a program requires for full funding? Because if you feel really passionately about teaching, I don't think the 2:2 teaching load is still too much when weighed next to a 3 year program. But if you are not looking forward to teaching, then maybe the 1:1 teaching load during a 2 year program (which gives you more writing time per semester) would be best for you Of course, this is just my opinion as both someone applying first round and someone who is currently finishing up her master's in education. A 2:2 teaching load would be super exciting for me! But objectively, I think that additional year in the mfa program makes up for any "lost" writing time during the semesters, time you'll be spending prepping and teaching
  7. Quoting this because I am in the same boat!! Is there such thing as showing too much interest? Hopefully someone can chime in here w/ good advice
  8. NYU REJECTION HAS FINALLY HIT MY PORTAL 🙏 genuinely at this point i just want every school to put me out of my misery so i can plan for my future
  9. saw your post and just checked their website to read it for myself... like on the one hand i get it but on the other hand omg i need to know if i am accepted/waitlisted/rejected so i know if i need to apply for jobs or not 😭 i fear this process is designed to kill us all
  10. I'm feeling the same about Arizona rn (I applied for CNF), but at this point I just don't want to send an email inquiring about my application anymore b/c 1. it most likely won't be good news and 2. i want to just let all of this run its course
  11. Arizona is similarly driving me crazy like wdym no activity on my portal since i submitted... at this point it's probably a rejection so just TELL ME and put me out of my misery😭
  12. In the waitlist email/notif I received, it encouraged me to send any documents that I would like added to my application. To me, that felt like a green light to send a letter of continued interest, where I re-emphasized my enthusiasm for their program and how I would most likely attend if admitted. I also used my letter to highlight my potential for a graduate TA-ship and featured a new rec letter from someone in my current master's program who could speak to me as a teacher. I think that unless the school has said DO NOT SEND US ANYTHING!!! that there is no harm in sending a continued interest letter to any or all of your waitlists. What is the worst thing they can do, say that they can't accept it?
  13. For my one waitlist, I reached out w/ a letter of continued interest, a new rec letter, and general questions about the waitlist. i received a nice email from the program director saying that movement will happen in april and she hopes to get back to me soon... so on the question of how i am handling this period of ambiguity: with a ton of delusion that i'll get off the waitlist and matriculate in the fall lmfaoooo. i am lucky tho that i am finishing up another masters rn and have an immediate and desirable back up plan for if mfas don't work out this year :))) i am rooting for you on your waitlists! i think it's better to be delusional and positive rather than negative and hoping for the worst
  14. omg all of these nyu waitlist posts.... im gonna tweak out.... heaven if you are listening to me... please 😭
  15. the fact that i haven't heard anything from my last three pending schools for the last TWO WEEKS is driving me insane... i feel optimistic about my waitlist rn but i have no idea if it'll be fully funded or not until i (maybe) get the acceptance
  16. congrats!!! fingers crossed the waitlist moves and you get an iowa opportunity
  17. does anyone have any word on hunter college fiction/poetry acceptances/waitlists/rejections? i am still waiting to hear back for poetry and i fear it's a bad sign but i wanted to shout into the void and see if anyone knew anything
  18. Brooooo just shut up 😭😭😭😭leave the rest of us alone and keep your weirdo negativity away…. At your grown age acting like this. Embarrassing.
  19. I feel the same way about arizona and NYU rn... it is driving me crazy. like if it's just a rejection why not say so
  20. imo, you literally have nothing to lose if you try and negotiate your way to full funding. the worst thing they can say is no. especially where columbia is so expensive, it is in your best interest to try and negotiate for full funding. definitely bring up any other offers you have as leverage and emphasize your investment in becoming an mfa student. and if columbia isn't going to offer you more money, once again imo i would not accept the offer. i have also been told to never go into debt for an mfa and in this economy and in this world, i wouldn't advise anyone to go into serious ivy league debt for creative writing
  21. I’ve literally been losing my mind all week waiting to hear ANYTHING back from NYU about CNF…. Would love if anyone knew anything about nyu cnf specifically
  22. this is simultaneously making me feel optimistic and terrified... nyu PLEASE EMAIL ME
  23. this is sooooo me rn convinced they are just building suspense then they'll send me my cnf acceptance
  24. Anything on the draft for Hunter poetry? Have interview requests been sent out yet? Just wondering in case I can get my hopes up
  25. Literally had this same sort of dream the other night and i woke up so optimistic then remembered it wasn't real lmfaoooo (we are in hell)
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use