Jump to content

spg_

Members
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spg_

  1. officially rejected from the waitlist at VCU for fiction, meaning it's a shut out this year. It's funny--I'm actually at a writing residency right now and feeling so inspired by all the writers and artists and composers here and it both redoubles my desire for an MFA and reminds me that I don't *need* one to be a writer. To anyone else feeling bummed about rejections, may you keep writing, keep pushing forward, keep inspiration alive. And who knows, maybe I'll be right back here next year, haven't decided yet!
  2. I feel you so hard--I am "close to the top" of a small waitlist, and all else is rejections. But I'm not *at* the top, and I think there's only one more open spot, so it feels stupid to even hope; but I can't foreclose hope, either. SO painful lol.
  3. verrrry unscientific ctrl+f search suggests that it's about an even split between before and on/after, with a slight leaning towards before. Other superior data analysts welcome to challenge this !
  4. If you're comfortable, can you share anything about what VCU shared in that more detailed info? No worries if not ofc if it would feel weird to share!
  5. I feel you!! Also a second time applicant, and I'm ending the round with exactly the same result I had last year (all rejections except a VCU waitlist). It feels really hard to have to wait another month when I need to make some important decisions (my lease renewal deadline is in April, for example!). Anyway, solidarity indeed. Best of luck to you!
  6. Ah congrats!! Seems like a likely no for me then. Just leaves Brown fiction to be delusional about, lol 🫠
  7. Anyone else waiting on UMD waitlists for fiction? Wondering if they haven't hit the spreadsheet or if I can still hold out hope, lol.
  8. hi all, long-time lurker who just made an account here, as it looks like I'm likely once again out of luck. I applied last cycle and this cycle for fiction to a fairly limited number of schools (6 and 5) for location reasons, and am staring down the possibility of another year without any acceptances. I am a poet in addition to a fiction writer, and I'm considering applying next year in poetry instead of fiction. I know there's a lot fewer poets in the spreadsheet than fiction writers, but my question is if that comes with a corresponding level of fewer spots at programs--ie, are the odds roughly the same? Or would I have better odds applying for poetry?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use