Can anyone else relate?
A program waitlisted me back in early March, then a professor followed up within a week to say that I was high on the waitlist and there was a significant possibility of 1-2 spaces opening in the coming weeks. He said the department was rooting for me and told me to let him know if I was planning to accept anywhere else / if I had any questions. I then follow up with a nice email saying I will accept if offered a place.
About two weeks ago (early April), I sent an email with a simple logistical question about the program and … nothing. I hear nothing from then until the 15th, so yesterday (the 16th), I decide to send an email following up about the status of the cohort and expected waitlist movement … nothing. I know it’s barely been a day since my latest email, but is there a reason for this communication lag? Im wondering if this silence is quite a normal thing until they have an official answer for me?
Thanks in advance — I’m going kind of crazy. Thinking maybe next week I should contact the initial department email instead of with the professor directly for a better shot at response?