Jump to content

Lazcano

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Lazcano

  • Rank
    Decaf

Profile Information

  • Program
    Poli Sci
  1. Not sure if there is already a topic on this, but has anyone accepted an offer and now second guessing it? I accepted an offer last week, however I can't seem to get one of the schools I rejected (it was my first choice when I began applications) out of my mind. You'd think by now I'd be over it, but I can't seem to rid myself of this sinking feeling that maybe I did not make the best choice. I not even excited about starting my program in September. Anyone else in a similar boat or am I just going crazy? :?:
  2. Lazcano

    Advisor vs School?

    The advisors connections are indeed academic and she is the type to help her students. She will have a lot of time for me and her reputation will help me get into a good PhD program. She already has networking conferences / projects lined up with other experts in our field which I would be a part of. I actually decided to accept the offer and work with her last week, however the second school came back and matched the offer (which was very generous) complicating everything. The second program is far superior and much more challenging. I should almost flip a coin, been mulling this for weeks and just when I thought I decided I'm back to square one.
  3. Lazcano

    Advisor vs School?

    Well known, superstar in her field advisor with networking connections out the ying-yang at a weaker school -OR - Good, but unknown advisor at a great school? It is for a 16-20 month MA, both are offering full funding. Which do you pick?
  4. Lazcano

    Withdraw?

    I contacted my school a few days ago to informally accept their offer and have now changed my mind. My top choice just accepted me. I felt somewhat pressured by the school to make a decision and did not think I would get into top choice. I can't help but feel that withdrawing now will destroy my reputation. One of profs where I accepted wrote me 5 LOR's and is a big shot in my small field. . .Can get out of this with my reputation intact or should I just live with my decision?
  5. Lazcano

    Tough Decision

    Thank you for the replies. Good advice.
  6. Lazcano

    Tough Decision

    I decided, thank you!
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.