Peabody Vanderbilt Fall 2018

Magnolia27

I’ve applied to the Community Research and Action (CRA) PhD program, and was hoping to find out if anyone had heard anything yet? I am unsure of an exact timeline, but the program website says they hold campus visits in mid-Feb- so it seems as if they should be sending invites for that around now. To know anything would be nice! 

21 minutes ago, Magnolia27 said:

I’ve applied to the Community Research and Action (CRA) PhD program, and was hoping to find out if anyone had heard anything yet? I am unsure of an exact timeline, but the program website says they hold campus visits in mid-Feb- so it seems as if they should be sending invites for that around now. To know anything would be nice! 

Looks like someone has already been accepted to CRA in the results section. Hopefully, you will get good news soon. Is that the only one you applied to?

Edited by edpolicy232

3 minutes ago, edpolicy232 said:

I applied to a different Peabody PhD program and already heard back but I imagine the different PhD programs have different timelines. Hopefully, you will get good news soon. Is that the only one you applied to?

Thank you, edpolicy232! Logically, I feel that this week was the week for invites. May I ask, was it this week that you heard? Ah, it is not the only program that I applied to-‘ but it is definitely my first choice.

Did you receive an invite?! 

4 minutes ago, Magnolia27 said:

Thank you, edpolicy232! Logically, I feel that this week was the week for invites. May I ask, was it this week that you heard? Ah, it is not the only program that I applied to-‘ but it is definitely my first choice.

Did you receive an invite?! 

I updated my prior response. Looks like someone was accepted to the CRA program today in the results section. I heard back this week.

20 minutes ago, edpolicy232 said:

I updated my prior response. Looks like someone was accepted to the CRA program today in the results section. I heard back this week.

Okay, I will check out the results section. Thank you. And, congratulations on the invite! 

I also applied to the community research and action program. I was told the interview weekend would be February 16-18 and we would be invited for that weekend by faculty sometime in mid-late january. I haven't heard anything yet! 

Edited by SocialW

On 1/12/2018 at 9:59 PM, Magnolia27 said:

have you heard anything yet?

I was accepted to CRA and found out about two weeks ago. Official letters are going to be mailed next week. I'm not the person who posted in the results section but I think I found out around the same time that she did. Also, what was formerly an interview weekend in February is now going to be a recruitment weekend for admitted students. It's scheduled for the 15th-18th. 

Edited by K2018

On 1/19/2018 at 4:51 PM, SocialW said:

have you heard anything yet?

Hi SocialW! Thank you for the info. I sure haven’t heard anything yet. If I receive any word though, I’ll definitely share it with you here as soon as I do. My hope is that you get good news! 

On 1/20/2018 at 4:13 PM, K2018 said:

I was accepted to CRA and found out about two weeks ago. Official letters are going to be mailed next week. I'm not the person who posted in the results section but I think I found out around the same time that she did. Also, what was formerly an interview weekend in February is now going to be a recruitment weekend for admitted students. It's scheduled for the 15th-18th. 

Thanks K2018! All of that is so helpful to know, if only to have a sense of when to expect a letter otherwise. 

And, many CONGRATULATIONS to you! 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, K2018 said:

Congrats k2018! How did you find out about your acceptance? 

1 hour ago, Fiona_ said:

Congrats k2018! How did you find out about your acceptance? 

@Fiona_ Thanks! I got an email from a faculty member a few weeks ago and got the official letter today. Good luck on your app! Are you applying to any other community/interdisciplinary psych programs? Maybe I'll run into you at some visit weekends!

5 hours ago, K2018 said:

@Fiona_ Thanks! I got an email from a faculty member a few weeks ago and got the official letter today. Good luck on your app! Are you applying to any other community/interdisciplinary psych programs? Maybe I'll run into you at some visit weekends!

Yes, I am still waiting to hear from Portland State & Michigan State. You?

Congrats again on Vanderbilt! It seemed like a really great program-- I was bummed to not see anything in my mailbox tonight.

16 hours ago, Fiona_ said:

Yes, I am still waiting to hear from Portland State & Michigan State. You?

Congrats again on Vanderbilt! It seemed like a really great program-- I was bummed to not see anything in my mailbox tonight.

Michigan State's admitted student's day is actually on the same day as Vanderbilt's. I got the official email from Michigan yesterday, so you should hear soon too! I didn't apply to Portland State, but I've heard great things about it! I applied to a lot of schools, ha. I still have 3 schools I haven't heard from, 3 more interviews, 3 more admitted students days, and then I'm done!

6 hours ago, K2018 said:

Michigan State's admitted student's day is actually on the same day as Vanderbilt's. I got the official email from Michigan yesterday, so you should hear soon too! I didn't apply to Portland State, but I've heard great things about it! I applied to a lot of schools, ha. I still have 3 schools I haven't heard from, 3 more interviews, 3 more admitted students days, and then I'm done!

That is great news-- Congratulations! Will you be attending Michigan State or Vanderbilt for admittance day? That is a tough choice.

Unfortunately, I have not received anything at all from any of the schools I've applied to-- I'm beginning to mentally prepare for a flood of rejections.  I've heard Portland State admits later than most programs, so I'm still holding out a little bit of hope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, Magnolia27 said:

Hi SocialW! Thank you for the info. I sure haven’t heard anything yet. If I receive any word though, I’ll definitely share it with you here as soon as I do. My hope is that you get good news! 

Hey SocialW, I heard today. An official rejection, but I knew it was coming. Hope you had better news than I. Best of luck to you! 

Edited by Magnolia27
Totally wrote this to myself. I’m on my (broken) phone, so I cannot see very well. Sorry.