Graduate School Final Review

auroraaurora

It really depends. I suggest you call the department to find out. Today I checked gradcafe and found students reported rejection via website from one of the programs I applied to. I checked and found my application is under "graduate school final review"!!!

I was super excited because I know that some programs only pass on the files of the students they admit to graduate school for review. I almost believed that I was admitted.

HOWEVER, when I called the department, they told me that they send the files of all the students for final reivew and then the grad school would send out decisions. So... it turns out the "final review" means nothing... I want to say...Don't play with me like this...

So definitely check with the department. You may have been admitted, or not. Good luck! :)

I've just realized that the online application system says my application is under "graduate school final review." Do you have any idea what is this supposed to mean? Give me some hopes please... Does it mean the committe has offered me for admission?

I just noticed that you are majoring in sociology. Are we talking about the same school-- U Minnesota? One official at graduate school admission office told me the resutls shall be out "in the next a couple of days". Good luck for both of us. :)

I've just realized that the online application system says my application is under "graduate school final review." Do you have any idea what is this supposed to mean? Give me some hopes please... Does it mean the committe has offered me for admission?

I just noticed that you are majoring in sociology. Are we talking about the same school-- U Minnesota? One official at graduate school admission office told me the resutls shall be out "in the next a couple of days". Good luck for both of us. smile.gif

Yes, it's UMN :)

The website of the school says that the graduate school comes into picture after a decision is made. I'm curious whether they would mind for this if the committee already rejected an application. But if they told you they sent the files of all students it may not mean an acceptance. I'm confused!

Good luck!

I guess ...the graduate school is in charge of all the uploading information things on the applicatio system. So the graduate school would upload all the receptions and rejections to save the dpet the trouble of sending out tons of rejection letters. So...I am still happy that I have not been rejected so far... We will see. Good luck to you too! :)

Yes, it's UMN :)

The website of the school says that the graduate school comes into picture after a decision is made. I'm curious whether they would mind for this if the committee already rejected an application. But if they told you they sent the files of all students it may not mean an acceptance. I'm confused!

Good luck!