Northwestern Marriage & Family Therapy Interview

CarolinePia

Hello, 

I have been invited for an interview at Northwestern as part of the application/ acceptance process for the MFT program. 

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has been through the process that could offer some advice as to what to expect:

• How many people interview you?
  • What sort of questions do they ask you?
  • Should I focus on the research aspect?
  • Anything else that could be helpful

• 1 month later...

I am an international student so i have been invited for a skype interview later this month! This is my first time applying so i have no idea how these things work! Did you already have your interview? How did it go?? :D PLease share your thoughts as it would be really helpful for me to know what kind of questions they asked and how it went! :D

Hello! I did have it and it went well : ) I was actually accept into the program! Let me know if you would still like some insight on what to expect. I'm not sure how much I can tell you but I can give you a little advice. Be warned though - the tuition price on the website is incorrect. That number is close to what your second year is but your first year will be an additional $12K due to a mandatory summer class. Make sure you call the Financial Aid office and get the right numbers : ) 

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am an international student as well and I have applied for the program. I haven't receive any interview invitation, but the school send me an e-mail telling me there will be a group interview if I am invited. I would like to know what should I prepare and what kind of questions do they ask. Really want to hear from you about your interview experience. Thanks a lot~

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, CarolinePia said:

Hello! I did have it and it went well : ) I was actually accept into the program! Let me know if you would still like some insight on what to expect. I'm not sure how much I can tell you but I can give you a little advice. Be warned though - the tuition price on the website is incorrect. That number is close to what your second year is but your first year will be an additional $12K due to a mandatory summer class. Make sure you call the Financial Aid office and get the right numbers : ) 

Hi I have been invited to the group interview and it's coming up soon. I'm wondering if you can give any tips or advice on the interview (this is the program that I'm most interested in). Any support will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!