Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Dragonknight

Question

I have to spin "as part of" text line but the best I could think are "Included in and Within"… Know of any other words that could replace "as part of" and sentence would still make sense? Do you think that Included and Within can serve as a replacement to "as part of" in this sentence?

Sentence example: As part of our new store opening we are giving away a limited discount

4 answers to this question

First, the example sentence itself could be improved upon. I would change "As part of our new store opening we are giving away a limited discount"—which doesn't really make sense; how do you give away a discount?—to "as part of our new store opening, we are offering a limited-time discount on select items." The term "give away" implies that something will be free; a "discount" implies that it has a price, but it is a reduced price. 

"Within" would not work very well in the example you provide, unless you specified a particular time frame, in which case it would work perfectly (e.g., "within the first five days of our new store opening, we are offering a limited-time discount on select items"). "Included" is also a bit awkward.

A better alternative would be "during," as in "During our new store opening, we are offering a limited-time discount on select items." 

So would "for," quite honestly—"For our new store opening, we are offering a limited-time..." As would "To celebrate our new store opening..."