Ed.D Early Childhood Education?

mle731

Hello!  Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.  I applied to both Vanderbilt (Organizational Leadership) and JHU's ED.D (Entrepreneurial Leadership in Education) programs and am anxiously awaiting JHU's result (I received my rejection letter from Vanderbilt last week).  As someone with a strong early childhood education background, however, I'm wondering if being in this specific niche might have hindered my chances of getting into either Ed.D program at all.  It just seems like many of these programs are geared towards K-12 or higher education.  I received both my Bachelor's (Applied Learning and Development) and Master's (Curriculum & Instruction, Early Childhood Education) from UT Austin and am a curriculum writer for a preschool franchise in Texas.  I've never worked as an educator in the K-12 sector.  If I get rejected from JHU as well (which seems very likely, as their acceptance rate is very low) I'm just wondering how to improve on my application as I explore other options.  I've brought this question up to both schools during my application process and received pretty vague answers about how their classes might fit in with early childhood education.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated! 

• 3 months later...

Hi!  My background is in Child Development.  I was wondering if you had considered a Child Development program?  You can still get the education side of things but it will be strongly focused and your professors and colleagues will be like-minded.  Just a thought!  Good Luck!