Notification dates for MA vs. PhD

Do MA applications typically go under review after the PhDs? Or do they have a separate AdCom entirely? I applied to 7 schools (all MA programs), haven't heard a peep from one so I'm just trying to make some sense of it. Only one (Georgetown) is a terminal MA so obviously that isn't effected by PhD apps.

Do MA applications typically go under review after the PhDs? Or do they have a separate AdCom entirely? I applied to 7 schools (all MA programs), haven't heard a peep from one so I'm just trying to make some sense of it. Only one (Georgetown) is a terminal MA so obviously that isn't effected by PhD apps.

Yes, at least in my experience, MA applicants are considered after PhD applicants. That is to say, when I was admitted to my MA program two years ago, I found out a week (or perhaps two) after the PhD applicants.

Yes, at least in my experience, MA applicants are considered after PhD applicants. That is to say, when I was admitted to my MA program two years ago, I found out a week (or perhaps two) after the PhD applicants.

Well, at the school I'm at right now, they made offers to MAs before they even looked at the PhD applications. And the two other schools I applied to seem to have made offers to MAs but not PhDs. So it sounds like it could go either way...which isn't much of an answer for you. :(

I've been wondering the same as I incessantly scan the results here. It's torture to see so many people accepted every day. I too applied to Georgetown (and it's my first choice.) Some other schools I applied to have began notifying people but I see a lot of them are PHD candidates. I didn't do a lot of research about the PHD process at those places but maybe I should have so I would have a better sense of the timeline.

p.s (5 applications, no word on any of them so far, did email all last week for approximate dates and i've heard soon-ish from all)