Yale/Notre Dame Acceptances

Beers123

1 hour ago, buckinghamubadger said:

I got into Notre Dame with full funding and a guaranteed 6th year post-doc

hey man, this is kind of tone deaf.

anyway, it seems like the first wave of ND acceptances went out in the last week or so. Crossing my fingers for you, and good luck with Yale!

12 minutes ago, futureadjunct said:

hey man, this is kind of tone deaf.

anyway, it seems like the first wave of ND acceptances went out in the last week or so. Crossing my fingers for you, and good luck with Yale!

Many programs send a first wave of acceptances and then wait to see if the admits reject before sending formal waitlist/rejection or potentially more acceptance notifications. 

Keep your head up and don't listen to everyone on the Internet -- programs do stagger notifications. 

26 minutes ago, futureadjunct said:

hey man, this is kind of tone deaf

My apologies. That is the standard offer though if you do get admitted. ND has been known to stagger acceptances in the past. It's tough to say what's going on this year though. My letter said that they admitted less than 10 percent, but it also came before the first wave, so I have no idea what's going on there. Wish I could help more.

Edited by buckinghamubadger