Application Woes

Did anyone else find a program that would have been a perfect fit after the application deadline. I've found one that would have been perfect (if a bit obscure in rankings) and another program that wouldn't have been a perfect fit but really close. Shoulda coulda woulda... If nothing turns up this year I'll definitely be applying to those programs next year, though I really don't want to have to go through this process twice+.

I was in that position last year. I found a bunch of programs where I just thought-- thank goodness I didn't get in to any of those schools!

Just be forewarned... if you think waiting is bad now, wait till you apply to schools that make you pee your pants out of excitement. Then the wait game really sucks.

I was in that position last year. I found a bunch of programs where I just thought-- thank goodness I didn't get in to any of those schools!

Just be forewarned... if you think waiting is bad now, wait till you apply to schools that make you pee your pants out of excitement. Then the wait game really sucks.

Considering that this year's app round was a crap-shoot in the first place, I'm sure next year will be MUCH WORSE. However, I'm really glad I went through the process this year. I learned a LOT, and next year I will be much better prepared, send out much stronger applications, and bite my nails a whole lot more after I've sent the apps out...

Currently THE LIST comprises 24 schools (UT Austin got added back in, after initially being cut, due to a specific prof who just wrote a book I'm using in my writing sample re-vamp). Narrowing it down will be an interesting thing... (will be sending out appx 10-12 apps for 2011 ranging from top-tiers to solid schools ranked in the 40's-50's, but with excellent placement records).

I just found out USD is perfect for anyone with a creative writing background, whether they want to continue on in CW, switch to lit. crit., or create a hybrid focus. Errr.

Yes definitely! I've learned that you can never, never do enough research. And since I only applied to two schools and just waiting for some rejections, I'll almost be okay with being rejected so I can apply to a whole new realm of possibilities.