hyrule

Hey everyone!
I've seen some results going up - it looks like some people are hearing back from their schools on weekends? This is my first round of applications, so I had just kind of assumed emails/phone calls would only happen during business hours! Does anyone know otherwise?

Thanks and good luck! :)

As far as I'm aware, programs only notify Monday - Friday. If you're looking at the Results page, be careful, as there are two columns with dates: one has the actual date the person was notified as A/R/WL, and one with the date when the person posts that notification to this site -- for example, I've seen several people post today, Saturday, for notification they received yesterday, Friday.  Also, if someone's just looking at a portal on the school's website, versus receiving a phone call, they can do that any day/time, and that may account for any 'weekend' notifications. Hope this helps. Also, good luck with your applications!

1 hour ago, GallifreyGirl said:

As far as I'm aware, programs only notify Monday - Friday. If you're looking at the Results page, be careful, as there are two columns with dates: one has the actual date the person was notified as A/R/WL, and one with the date when the person posts that notification to this site -- for example, I've seen several people post today, Saturday, for notification they received yesterday, Friday.  Also, if someone's just looking at a portal on the school's website, versus receiving a phone call, they can do that any day/time, and that may account for any 'weekend' notifications. Hope this helps. Also, good luck with your applications!

Yeah, the Results page has tripped me up several times, so I normally double-check. That being said, somebody for one of the programs I've applied for did say they received a call this morning (I triple checked that it said the 24th, but maybe it was mistyped?). Ah well, I'm not placing my bets on hearing anything this weekend anyway. The waiting game is just so nerve-wracking!

Thanks so much for the reply! And thanks, good luck to you, too!!

hi y'all, sorry to potentially increase your anxiety, but some programs definitely notify on weekends! 2/3 of the acceptances I got this year came on weekends, and one came on a holiday (President's Day). especially if the acceptances come via phone calls, I think they just happen whenever a given faculty member has time.