George Washington U?

I saw there was a GWU acceptance the other day. Anyone here willing to claim it? This is a really interesting program for me as a Renaissance guy, though I know they have funding woes and I wasn't sure how many people they'd be accepting this year.

I saw there was a GWU acceptance the other day. Anyone here willing to claim it? This is a really interesting program for me as a Renaissance guy, though I know they have funding woes and I wasn't sure how many people they'd be accepting this year.

I'm the GWU acceptee. The DGS e-mailed me directly with the offer. I don't know if they're done notifying yet, though, or how many they're taking.

I heard such good things about GWU's EM/Renaissance fac from friends in the program, and GWU certainly is working to raise its profile in the EM field with its MEMSI — only a couple of many reasons I applied. I'm also taking a class there this semester through the consortium in D.C., and studied with a couple GWU EMs at the Folger last year, which may or may not have given me an edge. I'm an EM-er myself, specializing in Shakespeare, queer and disability studies.

It was on the results page, and Bardolater confirmed it. I e-mailed the DGS and they told me they only have two funded spots this application season because of lack of funds, and only one spot was to be an Early Modernist, so I suppose Bardolater beat me out. =) Anyway, it seems like an amazing program, due to the resources and the faculty, but I have some other acceptances that I'm equally excited about. The only thing that saddens me is the lack of funding this program gets. It could be a premier program, and in many ways, I think it already is because of the resources and connections the school has.