Cultural Studies

Hi all, I am new here and I have couples of questions about cultural studies. I am an international student but currently in the US for my MA in women's studies.My research interests are mainly in queer theory, late-capitalism, post-colonialism, orientalism and pomo. I applied cultural anthropology this year but the results turned out to be not good:( I think maybe critical theory and cultural studies, women's studies are more suitable for me so I plan to give it a try. But now I have no idea where to start. Could anybody recommend some grad programs for me? And what you think to make a competitive application? what they are looking for in your application? Thanks a million!

Hi all, I am new here and I have couples of questions about cultural studies. I am an international student but currently in the US for my MA in women's studies.My research interests are mainly in queer theory, late-capitalism, post-colonialism, orientalism and pomo. I applied cultural anthropology this year but the results turned out to be not good:( I think maybe critical theory and cultural studies, women's studies are more suitable for me so I plan to give it a try. But now I have no idea where to start. Could anybody recommend some grad programs for me? And what you think to make a competitive application? what they are looking for in your application? Thanks a million!

Hi,

I'm going into an English PhD program and one of my primary interests is cultural studies and theory. I know George Mason University offers a PhD in Cultural Studies, and UC-Davis also offers a PhD in cultural studies with an emphasis on gender so that might be one for you look into. SUNY-Stony Brook also has an interdisciplinary cultural studies PhD. If you're really interested in theory, I would recommend looking into some English PhD programs. It's somewhat difficult to find programs specifically in the field of cultural studies, especially funded ones, but you'll find that a lot of English departments are strong in cultural studies and theory. SUNY-Buffalo's English department, for example, is a great place to go for cultural studies. Hope that gives you a start!