Application "ads"

kismetcapitan

I have only applied to one school - Harvard. However, I did start (but did not submit) applications to U Mich, Vanderbilt, and U Penn. Recently, I have been receiving a spate of emails from all three schools, ranging from "we're happy you've started your application, if you have any questions in how to finish then ask..." to "congratulations! you're almost complete with your application!".

It does seem somewhat late this year to send in a masters application (although they are all in some form or another rolling admissions). For example, Vanderbilt has a deadline, but "will accept applications after that date on a space-available basis".

It would seem that they wouldn't be going through the trouble if they had already been swamped with applicants? Is anyone else getting the same sort of solicitous emails?

I have only applied to one school - Harvard. However, I did start (but did not submit) applications to U Mich, Vanderbilt, and U Penn. Recently, I have been receiving a spate of emails from all three schools, ranging from "we're happy you've started your application, if you have any questions in how to finish then ask..." to "congratulations! you're almost complete with your application!".

It does seem somewhat late this year to send in a masters application (although they are all in some form or another rolling admissions). For example, Vanderbilt has a deadline, but "will accept applications after that date on a space-available basis".

It would seem that they wouldn't be going through the trouble if they had already been swamped with applicants? Is anyone else getting the same sort of solicitous emails?

Could be just to rake in revenue.

The decision is completely out of your hands, so there's no need to nit-pick and freak out on here. Just be patient. PLEASE.

<Other comments edited by Mod to assist in keeping things civil>

Edited by t_ruth
toning it down

Apparently this thread has offended a fair number of people. I apologize, although perhaps my ignorance shows through the fact that I would have started such a thread in the first place.

This thread may be deleted at the discretion of any moderator.

Edited by kismetcapitan