Private school or public?

Lilith

I didn't get in my dream school this year and start to think how to improve myself next year. Because of the economy crisis. I wonder if I should shift my concentration from public school to private school since private school may still have some money leftover? Help me out!Thanks

hm i'm not sure about that bc a) some private universities' endowments got hit even harder just due to the way they managed their money overall (how much was in stock market, liquid assets, blah blah), and also some public universities are such phenomenal research institutions that they may either have deeper departmental pockets or have managed more conservatively and sustained more mild losses. i think it just depends on the institution too. i mean the UCs obviously are hurting in a major way, as is all of California, but some private institutions cut admits by over half this year, which suggests they're not faring better... it might be better to consider schools' situations individually?

hope that next year treats you better! good luck

I didn't get in my dream school this year and start to think how to improve myself next year. Because of the economy crisis. I wonder if I should shift my concentration from public school to private school since private school may still have some money leftover? Help me out!Thanks