Bloomsburg University Info

Does anyone have any info or opinions on Bloomsburg's SLP program? Specifically, the courseload and clinical opportunities? I'm strongly considering going there, but can't seem to gather much about the area and its opportunties. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by newjerseyslp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BU's course schedule can be found here: 

http://intranet.bloomu.edu/slp-courses

You complete 12-13 credits per semester, including summer. You complete one placement per semester, starting in Spring of the year (in-house, schools, and then a medical placement the last spring semester of the program). This may be changing, as some of the current grads got placed in the schools and in-house this semester as ASHA hours were low in-house. There are plenty of swallowing studies and evaluation/screening hours offered, as well as a limited (sort of in-house but not run through the school) early intervention/preschool placement. There is an aphasia group that provides research opportunities and experience with older clients, but most of the adult hours come from the last medical placement, which the school helps facilitate based on a list of where geographically you are willing to go.

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2018 at 2:46 PM, kanok said:

BU's course schedule can be found here: 

http://intranet.bloomu.edu/slp-courses

You complete 12-13 credits per semester, including summer. You complete one placement per semester, starting in Spring of the year (in-house, schools, and then a medical placement the last spring semester of the program). This may be changing, as some of the current grads got placed in the schools and in-house this semester as ASHA hours were low in-house. There are plenty of swallowing studies and evaluation/screening hours offered, as well as a limited (sort of in-house but not run through the school) early intervention/preschool placement. There is an aphasia group that provides research opportunities and experience with older clients, but most of the adult hours come from the last medical placement, which the school helps facilitate based on a list of where geographically you are willing to go.

Best of luck!

Hi! I was just accepted off their waitlist and really could use more information. I would be turning down another school to go here, and would love to speak with a current student. If you see this before 5/29, please reach out I would love to talk with you. I'm really torn on this decision.