Deadlines are running into each other?!

littlenova

Here is my list:

Maine College of Art-full funding

George Mason-verbal acceptance STILL NO FUNDING in a letter form;Not really my first choice anyway

Art Institute Boston-acceptance, but not excited anymore after seeing more work

MICA-Please God! Great interview,waiting

VCU-Taking their frigan sweet time

Maine wants to know my answer by March 30th. I wonder if VCU will get back to us by then? Or even MICA? I need to know about everything, too..Not just an acceptance, but funding. I hate to call up the school, but next week is Spring Break and I may not hear until it's too late. VCU, MICA....where ARE you? blink.gif

What do you do if you miss a deadline for accepting an offer?!

Edited by littlenova

From what I understand you have until April 15th to make a decision. Even if they ask for it sooner, I'm pretty sure there's a rule book in the clouds somewhere that says you have that long.

Hey LittleNova,

How much is the deposit to hold your spot at Maine? That is a great option to have with full-funding if things don't work out at MICA. MICA is a pretty cool place. I went there for undergrad. I am waiting to here back from Towson's MFA program right now. It's the only school I applied to this year. I have been living an hour away from Bmore (halfway to Philly) where I grew up for 3 1/2 years now. I left Bmore in early 2006 after living there for 8 years to move to NYC (didn't work out) and I miss it terribly. It feels more like home than home. Do you have any opinions of Towson's program or have you heard anything? I really want to do a teaching assistantship as part of my MFA experience so I've really only been looking at public universities.

Anyway, from what I've been reading all over this site, I think you will here from MICA by the middle of the month leaving you time to decide. They are probably wrapping up interviews this week. As an undergrad, my financial stuff came with my acceptance materials. Best of luck to you.

@brianmc: Haven't heard of Towson?? Hmmm...There were alot of local programs that could have worked for me, too. MICA and VCU being definitely at the top, but did you also look into Univ Maryland, GMU and American?They all have teaching components. I chose Maine because I love the art scene in Canada and many of their MFA grads end up having nice exhibition record/grants/networks up there...Nice international exposure.

Best of luck to you. MICA is my top choice, because Miami and NYC are being overrun with MICA grads right now and I want in on that action. They show at the best venues and are doing amazing work. (Hernan Bas, Naomi Fischer, Jen Stark,etc.) I hope you are right and I hear from them soon. *sigh!

@gradwannabe: Man, if that's true, I will be SO HAPPY. I am gonna push them off or maybe blow a deposit at a chance for MICA.

Maine College of Art is not part of the Council of Graduate Schools. The schools that are part of the council set their deadline at April 15, but since Maine isn't, I believe they can set their deadline whenever they want. Sorry, I am sure you will have the whole MICA thing resolved soon anyway.

Maine College of Art is not part of the Council of Graduate Schools. The schools that are part of the council set their deadline at April 15, but since Maine isn't, I believe they can set their deadline whenever they want. Sorry, I am sure you will have the whole MICA thing resolved soon anyway.

Whoa, did not even know that. So that's where that "rulebook in the clouds" is.