Anyone here applied to McGill's ECE program for F2018?

Hii!

I have applied to the master thesis in Electrical Engineering, my track is Bioelectrical engineering. The department is not replying to my emails. I emailed them two weeks before they said all decisions will be made in the short next weeks....

Hi, I was informed last week that all decisions will be made by this week (1st week of April). What is your profile?

Mine is: GPA 4.0 (82% from UK), no research experience except bachelor project. Work experience is six years in the field i'm interested in working.

LORs are fairly strong but come from a different culture (UK)

SOP elaborated on my work experience. My track is Intelligent Systems.

Hi!

So we should from them by this week. Your profile is very nice :) I hope you can get acceptance

My GPA is 3.4,  One conference paper in a prestigious conference, one journal paper submitted to IEEE.
I study in the best school in my country
4 years of teaching experience
Several research experience
2 international internships
SOP about my passion for medical sciences and biomedical studies( My bachelor thesis research and my last international research experience)
2 strong LOR
Full scholarship for a master degree at McGill (conditional on the acceptance of the university)
My track is Bioelectrical engineering.
Do you think that they will send admits also this week, please?

20 minutes ago, Mohamed_M8 said:

Hi!

So we should from them by this week. Your profile is very nice :) I hope you can get acceptance

Thank you. I really hope so. McGill is my top choice - though I have applied to other schools I think McGill is my best shot. If not, I guess there is always next year.

My GPA is 3.4,  One conference paper in a prestigious conference, one journal paper submitted to IEEE.
I study in the best school in my country
4 years of teaching experience
Several research experience
2 international internships
SOP about my passion for medical sciences and biomedical studies( My bachelor thesis research and my last international research experience)
2 strong LOR
Full scholarship for a master degree at McGill (conditional on the acceptance of the university)
My track is Bioelectrical engineering.
Do you think that they will send admits also this week, please?

I am very sure with your profile you will get in. I would be very surprised if you are rejected. Good luck!

I think they will finalize all admissions this week.

Edited by PsychedelicBreakfast

7 minutes ago, Mohamed_M8 said:

My TOEFEL is the problem, it is below the minimum requirement, so I really don't know.

With a profile like yours they might make an exception. Did you ask them when applying?

7 minutes ago, Mohamed_M8 said:

Thank you very much for the information and I hope you will get accepted too:)

Thank you!

Was your interview via Skype? What sort of questions did they ask you? I haven't had any request for an interview.

Yes I have been interviewed on Skype. I had an interview with the professor and his research group, like around 4 interviews. The questions was about my motivation to apply, how I think I may fit in the group, my research experiences and so on... Don't worry they just want to test your motivation and confidence in order to make sure that you really understand the scope of research done there. Don't worry, you may get acceptance even if you don't get an interview :)

Don't worry, for now don't start struggling, try to wait for their decision and stay optimistic :)

My top choice was Johns Hopkins but they rejected me for a Ph.D.

They said it's okey for TOEFEL, but I was afraid cause all students I know who applied, had very high scores in TOEFEL .

5 minutes ago, Mohamed_M8 said:

Don't worry, for now don't start struggling, try to wait for their decision and stay optimistic :)

Yes, this is the struggle, isn't it!

My top choice was Johns Hopkins but they rejected me for a Ph.D.

Sorry about that!

They said it's okey for TOEFEL, but I was afraid cause all students I know who applied, had very high scores in TOEFEL .

They may not weigh TOEFL scores that much because it's just a language score. As long as you score near their requirement they will probably move forward and look at more relevant things like research, LOR and GPA. Just my idea, I don't really know!

I am applying to the phd program in Intellegence System. My bachelor CGPA is 3.67, major gpa 3.9 and my undergrad school rankeed top 40 in EE major in US, I've been the undergrad RA for more than 2 years, and got 2 publication, however my focus is less relatant, in BioMEMS and semiconductor. I got my Master of Engineering degree at Cornell University, and switched to optimization and deep learning, but my gpa droped a lot only about 3.2, with about 1 years research experience in deep learning and CV. 2 strong LOR, and 1 software intern. Hope I can get admitted, really want to study at Mcgill.

42 minutes ago, PsychedelicBreakfast said:

Sorry about that!

Thank you! It's okey I will apply again after my master 

42 minutes ago, PsychedelicBreakfast said:

They may not weigh TOEFL scores that much because it's just a language score. As long as you score near their requirement they will probably move forward and look at more relevant things like research, LOR and GPA. Just my idea, I don't really know!

I really hope so, thank you very much for that

14 hours ago, PsychedelicBreakfast said:

rejected

I am really really sorry to hear that. I really hope you get admitted to other schools you applied to, don't worry and don't lose hope. Just remind your self that if you want McGill you will get it sooner or later, just go to another school prepare well, especially try to gain more research experiences and apply again for Ph.D. Don't lose hope.:) To which school you applied also?

On 04/04/2018 at 8:21 PM, Master's Applicant said:

Check the forum's blog, someone received an acceptance mail already for Master's 

Thank you!

This is the last day of the week, I haven't received any decision yet.. !!  Will they send decisions next week too? Cause they said, all decisions will be made by the first week...

Thank you

6 hours ago, Mohamed_M8 said:

I am really really sorry to hear that. I really hope you get admitted to other schools you applied to, don't worry and don't lose hope. Just remind your self that if you want McGill you will get it sooner or later, just go to another school prepare well, especially try to gain more research experiences and apply again for Ph.D. Don't lose hope.:) To which school you applied also?

I haven't been admitted to anywhere else. Just waiting on my last rejection for Ottawa.

6 hours ago, PsychedelicBreakfast said:

I haven't been admitted to anywhere else. Just waiting on my last rejection for Ottawa.

No, you can't now. I hope you get acceptance there really, but wait, be patient. In all cases, you can work more and enhance your profile during this year and apply again next year and get better options even.... don't lose hope :)