Religion PhD - Results Page

sarah4153

rising_star:

yes, although part of my problem is that i've continually branched out to different, though related fields. that's kept me from really narrowing myself down, which i think is a strength heading into a phd program, but which seems to be working against me somewhat (esp since some people i know who do well are very narrow in focus).

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with a former classmate at Harvard last night who is a very bright and talented student with excellent recommendations. She told me that she was 1/12 so far with an acceptance at a school she wasn't all that thrilled about. I know of another student who went bust.

This is what happens when MA programs swell (and provide some extra cash for the school since not everyone gets help with funding, in fact most don't) but PhD programs stay the same size.

Sanity went out the window weeks ago.

Does anyone know when to expect responses from any of the following PhD programs?

- Claremont Graduate University

- Georgetown

- Villanova (Philosophy)?

- U of San Diego Peace Studies (Masters)

Are there any other Graduate Theological Union accepts out there? Any idea when we will find out about funding?

Hi there,

Accepted to UNC in early Jan.

Accepted to Duke in early Feb.

Went to visitation weekend at Emory early Feb. and got acceptance two weeks ago

Received acceptance last week from Michigan

Nothing yet from Georgetown, Chicago Divinity, Toronto (Near East and Religion Depts), or Yale.

Thank God, this has been a good year for applying, I got into my top choices! I hope everyone else does as well!

I am the one who posted on the results page about being accepted to the Religion PhD program at Rice.The Secrretary responded to my email and said my acceptance letter was put in the mail today.So I guess we can all expect the letters by the end of the week(at least people who have been accepted).All the best to everyone.

I have a good problem(if i may say so).I have been accepted to the Religion PhD programs at Harvard and Emory and I am in a dilemma as to where to go.For most people Harvard seems like the obvious choice but I visited Emory and I really like my prospective adviser as well as the other faculty and graduate students.I do not think I will have that same level of comradery at Harvard.My prospective advisers at both schools re friends so there is the prospect having the other person serve as e outside member of my disertation committee.Any advice?

I have a good problem(if i may say so).I have been accepted to the Religion PhD programs at Harvard and Emory and I am in a dilemma as to where to go.For most people Harvard seems like the obvious choice but I visited Emory and I really like my prospective adviser as well as the other faculty and graduate students.I do not think I will have that same level of comradery at Harvard.My prospective advisers at both schools re friends so there is the prospect having the other person serve as e outside member of my disertation committee.Any advice?

Rastaman, congrats on the acceptances. I have a friend studying in the theological studies area (I believe) of the Religion Department at Emory and he is really enjoying his time there. He is interested in the construction of gender identities. Your profile says that your field is African-American studies. I take it that's going to be your focus in the Religion department.

I checked the U. of Iowa website (ISIS) this morning, and my status changed to "Not Admitted." Things do not look good for me at this point.

I checked my status, and it also says "not admitted." 0/2 so far.