Research Associate

Jessica PV

Hi everyone, 

I plan to pursue a PhD in Behavioral Economics. I had my BA in Psychology, and I am currently working as a Research Associate a nonprofit that conducts evaluation research. I only took Intro to Economics in my undergraduate studies and had no math background, except intro to statistical modeling and epidemiology. I read about Behavioral Economics and it seems like it uses psychology experimentation to generate findings. But since it falls under Economics, I don't know if I will have a chance to get it at all? Do you have any advice for me? I would greatly appreciate your wisdom. Thank you very much in advance! 

13 minutes ago, Jessica PV said:

I read about Behavioral Economics and it seems like it uses psychology experimentation to generate findings. But since it falls under Economics, I don't know if I will have a chance to get it at all? Do you have any advice for me? I would greatly appreciate your wisdom. 

For starters, knowing a bit more about the field of study you want to pursue a PhD in seems to be in order. Why do you want this degree? What are your interests? What schools might you want to attend? Once you get that far, you can also start looking at application requirements and at current students to see what their backgrounds look like. That should give you some idea as to your own chances given your background.