Advice on exhausting all potential avenues of funding

mcw257

I have been offered a place for a DPhil in History at Oxford to begin this October. Even when submitting my application I never thought I would be competitive enough to receive funding, and perhaps not even a place. Nonetheless, a place was offered but it has been confirmed to me that I have not been nominated for departmental funding. College funding is even more scarce, I believe. Having always firmly believed that I would not get an offer, I have not taken this as much of a shock or disappointment but my prospective supervisor has suggested that, whilst it is unlikely, it is worth keeping an eye out for 'obscure' grants. 
Are there any external bodies or other suggestions that people here would suggest to look down? If so I would like to at least exhaust all routes of enquiry given that a place has been offered, before I turn it down on financial grounds. 

nb: I am aware that prospective doctoral students who have been offered funding may reject this and somehow a grant may work its way down to me but given that I have not been placed on any departmental funding lists, it would be almost impossible for this to happen.