Woodrow Wilson School

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! AARGH

Aha! Just got the reject email. I'm kind of glad, no limbo and saves me a tough choice between Princeton for the intellectual-ness and anywhere else for a more well rounded experience. :) Now I can go to somewhere I'll have a little more fun without regrets!

I'm only truly sad I won't get to gloat a bit, I've had some family members that laughed at me for even trying to apply to US schools (I didn't tell them I was applying to Princeton) so it would have been nice to throw it at them. Oh well! :P

Edited by kabutar

Seems like we're all screwed :lol: I can't bring myself to open this email based on the results so far.

If you're getting the email now, you already know what it contains :P Don't worry, there is an upside to NOT going to Princeton, believe it or not...

Wait-listed here... I've seen discussion on how few "wait-listers" WWS accepts, but looking at Princeton's website, their yield for WWS is 71% or offers accepting the admission. Unless I'm missing something, that would lead me to believe that there's still hope?

Rejected here. Not surprising, given I have only worked in the private sector (albeit for the public sector). It's always good to know, though!

As to the wait listed questions, last year a few people from this board got in from the wait list, so there's definitely hope! The only missing piece of the calculation between the yield on the 85 and the final admits is the number of deferrals from last year. So between yield and 2009 admits, hopefully there's still space for at least a few of you this year.

Congrats to all admits - and to the wait-listers. You guys are rock stars :)

Thanks to all for the info/encouragement. A hearty congratulations to all that have gotten good news as well!

SdeS, did you call the admissions office to get that info? I was tempted, but spent more time hunting around for black-market information on here than anything else once I got my wait-list e-mail! :)

Thanks to all for the info/encouragement. A hearty congratulations to all that have gotten good news as well!

SdeS, did you call the admissions office to get that info? I was tempted, but spent more time hunting around for black-market information on here than anything else once I got my wait-list e-mail! smile.gif

A couple of hours after I got the Waitlist email, I received another one-this time from the Assistant Dean for Graduate Admission for the

Woodrow Wilson School. He reiterated everything in the original email (only more nicely) and attached a factsheet with FAQ (including these figures) to the email.

So i got an email this morning (9:45am PST) saying I was accepted. I subsequently freaked out, called everyone I know, and started making plans to leave my job in the end of June.

I came back from a staff meeting about 5 hours after that first email (2pm PST) and had three emails, one from John Templeton at WWS, the other two from Michelle Carman at the Graduate School, saying they had made a mistake, and I am actually waitlisted.

I was confused (obviously) so I called and talked to John and he was really nice, took about 10 minutes to chat with me. I couldn't really focus because the reality started to set in, but it was nice nonetheless.

So, this went from an amazing day to a really sad one...and now I have to figure out how to retract what I told people about getting accepted - it's not quite as easy as sending another email.

Can't really imagine a worse situation. Would have rather gotten rejected as I had anticipated than gone on this rollercoaster today...

oooh no! what a nightmare! :(

i feel for you- good luck with the waitlist.

So i got an email this morning (9:45am PST) saying I was accepted. I subsequently freaked out, called everyone I know, and started making plans to leave my job in the end of June.

I came back from a staff meeting about 5 hours after that first email (2pm PST) and had three emails, one from John Templeton at WWS, the other two from Michelle Carman at the Graduate School, saying they had made a mistake, and I am actually waitlisted.

I was confused (obviously) so I called and talked to John and he was really nice, took about 10 minutes to chat with me. I couldn't really focus because the reality started to set in, but it was nice nonetheless.

So, this went from an amazing day to a really sad one...and now I have to figure out how to retract what I told people about getting accepted - it's not quite as easy as sending another email.

Can't really imagine a worse situation. Would have rather gotten rejected as I had anticipated than gone on this rollercoaster today...

How awful. I've had the experience of being offered a promotion at work, then two days later being told it was a mistake (and then, by the way, they made another offer, told me a week later it was another mistake and hadn't been fully approved, at which point I freaked out and threatened hell until they gave me back the 2nd offer -- yes I'm still bitter). I know it's not the same... but I can relate to the feeling of disappointment. Congrats on getting waitlisted -- you truly are a rockstar as people on this board have said, though I can imagine how frustrating it must be to BE a rockstar and not have been offered admission. Those of us rejected by an impersonal email from the graduate school are still jealous!

I honestly can't believe this happened to you - I really hope that you are at the very top of the waitlist after they put you through all that. Hopefully you get great news from your other schools in the near future as well, to distract from this debacle. (I also really hope that WWS learns from this and professionalizes its decision process a bit more in the future, given that appropriately managing acceptance / waitlist / rejection notification is one of the most significant parts of the admissions process...)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still pretty impressed that you got waitlisted ;)

Sigh, rejected. I really hope I get in somewhere...The rejection email sounds more like a stock PhD rejection email than a WWS email however, as they mention "fit for our departments" as if research interests were a concern. I wonder why rejects don't get the numbers info? Did they think it would depress us too much? Actually it makes me feel better knowing how many people applied and how few could get in.

Man, I'm sorry for you o1chrismbc! Really, you have to wonder if it would really screw up their yield that much to accept an additional one person. The line must be quite thin between waitlist and admit, just a question of space.

Rejected too... The working experience seriously draws the line. The email definitely sounded extremely impersonal... It's okay, now I can focus on other schools :)

Rejected. Not that surprising, considering the competition... and I'm kind of glad to just KNOW. I hate waiting.

Speaking of waiting and hating waiting, I'm currently waiting to try and access my Fletcher decision because their admin system won't load... I hope it's better news.

But o1chrismbc, that's an awful story! I hope you get in off the waitlist :).