Anyone from Africa or better yet Nigeria coming to the U.S?

Hi all,

I am Martizzle (nickname, not real one lol, I just love the sound of it), is there anyone from Africa coming out here this year? If so, for what?

I am studying/trying to study Operations Research/Math (wherever I am blessed to be accepted). I don't have a MS degree yet, so I am applying for the MS leading to PhD degree.

Hi all,

I am Martizzle (nickname, not real one lol, I just love the sound of it), is there anyone from Africa coming out here this year? If so, for what?

I am studying/trying to study Operations Research/Math (wherever I am blessed to be accepted). I don't have a MS degree yet, so I am applying for the MS leading to PhD degree.

You will find many Nigerians around campuses in the U.S. No worries there. Just google the institution, then google Nigerian Students Association and there you go! Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Hey I'm from Uganda.

I may be going to south Carolina in the fall to also study math.

Was just about to start a similar topic. I see you got accepted into Howard. Will you be accepting it??? They are plenty of Africans there. At least I know the Head of the Math dept is from Ghana and the head of grad admissions is also from Africa. I also wanted to apply to Howard but the application process included sending the transcripts to some company for evaluation and mine were coming out late so i wouldn't have been able to bit the deadline.

Hey I'm from Uganda.

I may be going to south Carolina in the fall to also study math.

Was just about to start a similar topic. I see you got accepted into Howard. Will you be accepting it??? They are plenty of Africans there. At least I know the Head of the Math dept is from Ghana and the head of grad admissions is also from Africa. I also wanted to apply to Howard but the application process included sending the transcripts to some company for evaluation and mine were coming out late so i wouldn't have been able to bit the deadline.

yeah...i know the head of the dept is from ghana, we sort of met (i doubt he will remember; i actually only barely remember meeting him years ago at some conference). anyway, congrats on your admit :) Yeah, i understand about the transcript thing...i was lucky: i did my undergrad here in the US, so i didn't have to have mine reviewed/translated.

about me accepting howard...i've no other choice (yet :) ) so...I will probably call them up and accept it early next week. Funny thing, I applied to Howard as a last minute thing...so lucky i did :) of all my applications, they are the only ones that accepted me.

well good luck to you too at South Carolina :)

• 1 month later...

@thekidd:

Are you attending USC this fall? I just got accepted into the PhD prog in Epidemiology. I am from Ghana....

Hey, congs on getting into USC. No, ill be going to Clemson, hopefully!!!! As I haven't gotten any word on funding yet so im just keeping my fingers crossed.