Bastards

lalalacereza

I sent them an email week before last, and they said I should hear by the end of last week. I stayed up SO LATE on Thursday and Friday night, checking emails every hour and reached for the laptop first thing in the morning.

I *know* that the chance of a rejection at this point is teensy tiny (already have nice fat fellowship awarded by a committee incl head of department) but I just want to have it all done and dusted. I'm caught between being really excited about moving and studying again, and freaking out that this might be the moment where everything falls apart.

How common is it to have to wait weeks after they've told you you'll get word?

I sent them an email week before last, and they said I should hear by the end of last week. I stayed up SO LATE on Thursday and Friday night, checking emails every hour and reached for the laptop first thing in the morning.

I *know* that the chance of a rejection at this point is teensy tiny (already have nice fat fellowship awarded by a committee incl head of department) but I just want to have it all done and dusted. I'm caught between being really excited about moving and studying again, and freaking out that this might be the moment where everything falls apart.

How common is it to have to wait weeks after they've told you you'll get word?

Isn't a fellowship award indicative of an acceptance?

Yeah, the fellowship is not awarded by the university, though. It's outside funding contingent on acceptance. The department and funding body are intertwined, and I know I'm just being paranoid, but I wish they'd send me the email already.

I really can't email again 'til two weeks after they said they'd let me know, hey?

Yeah, the fellowship is not awarded by the university, though. It's outside funding contingent on acceptance. The department and funding body are intertwined, and I know I'm just being paranoid, but I wish they'd send me the email already.

I really can't email again 'til two weeks after they said they'd let me know, hey?

Hi Lalacereza,

Are you an international student? Which schools are you waiting out?