Georgia Tech VS. Texas A&M

Mr. Giz

Hi guys!

I applied to Georgia Institute of Technology, Northwestern University and Texas A&M University for PhD program in Physics. A few weeks ago I got offers from Georgia Tech and Texas A&M with Teaching Assistantship in both.

Is anyone here from Georgia Tech? Probably I will choose that. I don't know anything except on information from official web-site and some from web-sites about rankings. What's your general opinion about Georgia Tech and Atlanta as well? 

What would be better to live in the campus or to find an apartment? 

I would be appreciate for any information!  :)

hey just on a quick note, i did my undergrad studies at gatech in industrial engineering. it's right at the heart of downtown but kinda isolated which is good because you can have either one. the campus is quite nice (always a construction going on though). physics building is pretty central. atlanta overall is a good city. i hated it when i first came (i was an int'l student) but it grew on me. you're gonna need a car if you don't stay on campus. there is grad housing on campus also some apartments closeby where some undergrad/grad students live. if you decide to live off-campus and decide to commute northern atlanta is quite nice (like the city dunwoody in metro atlanta) . just my personal opinion: you can choose to live on campus for the first semester/year and check out the surroundings and the atmosphere and move on from there.