Friggin' GW

thombo

It's pretty cruel of them this late in the game to send an email from "The George Washington Elliott School" that just requests that you log on and confirm your name and address... I mean come on, don't they know that seeing an email from them at this point is going to make all us applicants anxious? Just email me when there's a decision!

Looking at the "Results Search" page, it seems that the earliest an applicant was notified of admission decisions (for Elliott) was March 19. Also, it seems that last year they sent out e-mails around March 4th that an applicant was "likely to be accepted and receive partial fellowship/funding...has anyone received an e-mail like this??

SpS4: They sent a mass email out on March 2nd that said thank you for applying and decisions will be sent by email in late March. No hint as to whether I was likely to be accepted... doesn't look like they did that this year.

SpS4: They sent a mass email out on March 2nd that said thank you for applying and decisions will be sent by email in late March. No hint as to whether I was likely to be accepted... doesn't look like they did that this year.

Thanks Natalou, I received that e-mail as well. Hopefully the next e-mail they send out will be admission decisions! :)

Really, GW? REALLY?!?! You're going to send out a mass e-mail on 17 March titled "Elliott School Admission Decision Availability" and then have that NOT be the decision letter? JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

I've already decided I'm going to GTown or SAIS so GW is completely off my radar, but this really riles me up. If I were waiting seriously for a GWU decision, I think I would be having a heart attack right now. This admissions office has absolutely no idea what it's doing. Sending out an e-mail like this so late in the game is a dumb (and cruel) mistake. Also, I think waiting around so long so make their decisions is really going to bite them in the ass. So many students have already heard from other schools, and those students are starting to make emotional connections with the schools who have accepted them. When GW finally gets around to accepting them , they'll have already decided to go somewhere else. At this point, if it were down to GWU and another school for me, this dumbass e-mail would have sent me running to the other school. Come on.

It's pretty cruel of them this late in the game to send an email from "The George Washington Elliott School" that just requests that you log on and confirm your name and address... I mean come on, don't they know that seeing an email from them at this point is going to make all us applicants anxious? Just email me when there's a decision!

Fuh real.

But now that I know, I can finally mark it on my calender, put a task in Outlook to check my email that day, and set up and alarm reminding me of the important GW even awaiting me in my inbox. Good thing they reminded me, cuz I didn't have any plans to check me email on Monday. Now I definitely might.

GW's process is pretty ridiculous. I've already been admitted, so at least I have that stress out of the way. But I was told I got in 6 WEEKS ago and still have yet to receive my financial package! I'd like to go there, but until I receive the financial information I won't know if I'll be able to afford it.

you know what...

I logged on about a month ago to check my app, just because i was antsy, and there was a decision! It was a link to a rejection.

So I called admissions and asked if I could have feedback on my letter of recs, and she said that it was a mistake and I wasn't supposed to see that I've been rejected. She took out the link to the rejection letter and told me "technically, you are still in the process and you'll hear from us in late March." YEEAAHHH RIIIGHHT. Just tell me I'm rejected, I can take it, its ok. Just stop playing games with my heart, reeling me in when I stray.

What makes it worse is that they've sent out a few emails since then, the type of emails you guys described above.. honestly.. i didn't even read it because I know where I stand in their process. But I'm thinking, if you've made your decision already, why do you bother f'ing with the people who don't know that they are rejected? It's pretty cruel if you ask me, to continue to ask them to check their info or update their contact info, etc. all the while you've already been denied. I suppose the cherry on top is that they say "best wishes" on my result when you know you or I can wish till we turn red the vein pops in our heads and it won't make a bit of difference.

The last email was a nice finishing touch to the botched courting/application process, telling me that my decision, which I've now known for a month or so, will be available not immediately, but on Monday the 22nd.

Edited by gurf

@gurf

GW admins are all a bunch of a**hole. I was an undergrad at Elliott (International Affairs). Unless you are really into the location or their Science & Technology Policy program (I don't think anyone else offers that), go somewhere else

@gurf

GW admins are all a bunch of a**hole. I was an undergrad at Elliott (International Affairs). Unless you are really into the location or their Science & Technology Policy program (I don't think anyone else offers that), go somewhere else

Thanks Zero. Not that I have a choice, but I'm definitely going somewhere else. haha.

I'm guessing that they sent out that last email telling everyone their decisions will be available next week because they don't want to be bothered with all the questions on their status anymore. Seriously, get it together GW admissions.

Edited by gurf

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. No other school sends out an "admissions" email at this point unless its because the decisions are ready. Anyway, thankfully by now I'm admitted other places and no longer have any interest in GW, so I'm not too concerned.

Wow, I thought the exact opposite of many of y'all, I was rather pleased they were sending out status updates. Sure, the e-mail title could have been better (I thought they were available based on the title as well), but at least they're giving updates. That's more than you can say for most of the other schools.

Just got my reply via their website. Rejected! Kind of surprised since I got into SIPA, but I guess they put more emphasis on academic record. Or I just completely buffooned their SOP since I barely changed it from my SAIS SOS....