Georgetown MSFS Fall 2010

IntBiz

Dont think this has been discussed a whole lot this admission season, but, any speculations as to when they will release their decisions??

I agree that this year there hasn't been much talk here about possible decision release dates. If anyone has a clue, please come forward!!!! I can't remember if G-Town sent an email after we submitted our apps explaining the selection process and tentative date by which we would all hear back. I know SAIS did send such an email, and they mentioned "early April" as the date by which they would send out the admission results. I know last year they released early (March 20) and someone at the SAIS thread is saying that they will send out decision by email on Monday.

I just checked MSFS's website and all I could find was "Our target date to mail all decision letters is on or before April 1."

Yes, there hasn't been much talk about Georgetown's MSFS program this year. It's definitely one of my first picks but looking at last year's posts on this site, people weren't notified until the last week of March via Email.

keeping my fingers crossed~

Yes, there hasn't been much talk about Georgetown's MSFS program this year. It's definitely one of my first picks but looking at last year's posts on this site, people weren't notified until the last week of March via Email.

keeping my fingers crossed~

Not much help but a friend of mine volunteered at MSFS admissions this year and as of 10 days ago they had finished reading apps and were in the process of inputting data/decisions into the system. Of course that gives no indication of when they'll actually send out decisions.

Not much help but a friend of mine volunteered at MSFS admissions this year and as of 10 days ago they had finished reading apps and were in the process of inputting data/decisions into the system. Of course that gives no indication of when they'll actually send out decisions.

You mean they have made all decisions including funding ones? Anyway, all we can do is wait . . .

Edited by ashtangi

You mean they have made all decisions including funding ones? Anyway, all we can do is wait . . .

I don't know and details, but I think they were beginning to stuff packets yesterday which would suggest that decisions (admittance at least) have been made.

Thombo, would you happen to know if your friend also helped out with SSP? or was he/she strictly on MSFS duty?  I'm dying to figure out my Gtown decision as well.

(sidenote: IRhopeful2010, I didn't know there was another hopeful around here :P)

Someone posted on the results page today that they were rejected by mail received on the 11th...

I still have not heard anything, and just checked their system and nothing is different, it just says my application is complete.

Anyone else got any results?

Someone posted on the results page today that they were rejected by mail received on the 11th...

I still have not heard anything, and just checked their system and nothing is different, it just says my application is complete.

gasp. :rushes to check online application:

it only says complete as well =[, AND no email.  I bet that rejection letter comes within 3-4 days. =[=[  I wish I could ask that person what their stats were...

I will look for the post myself, but it woudl be nice if you could share the link as well. If I get to it first I will post it here, so that the rest of us can follow.

Edit: I found the link: http://www.thegradca...=georgetown&t=a Does anyone know if there is a way of knowing which user posted this? I would love to confirm that it was indeed SFS. It seems so odd that no one else has gotten anything. This does seem to give credibility to the notion that we will find out soon.

Edited by ashtangi

I will look for the post myself, but it woudl be nice if you could share the link as well. If I get to it first I will post it here, so that the rest of us can follow.

I think Lotus was referring to the Results Search up top.

"Georgetown University School Of Foreign Service (SFS) Security Studies, Masters (S10) Rejected via Postal Service on 11 Mar 2010 A 13 Mar 2010 It's OK. Cost would have too high anyway. Accepted into 4 other MA Programs. Waiting to hear from one more. Hoping to make my final decision within the next week. Good luck everyone."

Unless if there's another button that I have to click again to view stats... then I think that's all that is shared.  

I remember when I put in one of my acceptances: I had the choice to input my GRE/GPA, which I did.  Although I do not think it shows up on the results screen.

The strange thing is that my status online is still INCOMPLETE. I sent them email and they said "Unless you have received an email from this address stating that your application is incomplete and we are missing documents, then you may assume that your application is still processing, and will be marked "complete" soon."

I am kind of worried about this. Does anyone have the same problem??

I sent them an email in early February to check why my status online was still incomplete, and they replied right away that they were still updating the system, but that they had located my transcripts and would update my online status as complete, which they did. Maybe they are still behind on that front due to the whole office closed/snowstorm thing? If they sent you that email, it should all be fine!

The strange thing is that my status online is still INCOMPLETE. I sent them email and they said "Unless you have received an email from this address stating that your application is incomplete and we are missing documents, then you may assume that your application is still processing, and will be marked "complete" soon."

I am kind of worried about this. Does anyone have the same problem??

Yea, I had a similar problem, but it's nothing to worry about. They cleared it up after I sent a little email.

Do they send letters in waves? I live in the DC area and haven't seen anything. And wouldn't acceptances come before rejections? Maybe that person meant to input the Public Policy school at Georgetown and not the Foreign Service school...

Do they send letters in waves? I live in the DC area and haven't seen anything. And wouldn't acceptances come before rejections? Maybe that person meant to input the Public Policy school at Georgetown and not the Foreign Service school...

I don't think they switched up GPPI with SFS...  it's not a drop down menu when you input results, you type it in manually.  So unless he/she applied to both, and got a rejection from GPPI, but wrote SFS instead, then yeah... but he/sehe also took the time to write Security Studies.  So I'm gonna go with not a mistake.

I don't know if acceptances come before rejections.  I think some schools prefer to send rejections first and then deliberate over funding with the accepted applicantions.

Thank you. I just checked again yesterday. Still INCOMPLETE.

Back in mid-February, I got an email from SFS because they didn't have the supplemental form on file (the Language portion). I think that's when they checked everyone's apps. Unless you got an email back then, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back in mid-February, I got an email from SFS because they didn't have the supplemental form on file (the Language portion). I think that's when they checked everyone's apps. Unless you got an email back then, I wouldn't worry about it.

I applies to the MAGES program, and my application still says it's incomplete, yet I got an admission letter last week!

I ended up emailing the graduate admissions office 3 times because it said I was missing my language proficiency form, which my professor apparently sent via email to the MAGES program and not the office, so they forwarded it to the graduate admissions office. 3 weeks later, my application still said incomplete, so I emailed and they told me I had to wait 2 weeks, I said I had, and they told me to have it resent. It was, 3 weeks later online it still said incomplete, I emailed, they said I needed to wait 2 weeks, etc. I finally called 2 weeks ago, and was told not to worry about it, that the online system is meant for you and doesn't actually reflect what they had. She then said, 'oh, and you should be receiving notification soon'- I got my letter 2 days later!

So no worries- if you're still concerned, give them a call because email was a waste of time!

Last year I applied MSFS and the Georgetown letter was almost the last one to arrive - no email, just a paper letter in the mail in late March (possibly the day before the K-school emails?) Anyway, responses on the forums appeared in one big wave as the postal service deliveries moved outward from DC, so I'm pretty confident notifications all go out more-or-less at once.

Has anyone heard from SFS? I've gotten into SAIS, SIPA, SIS and Fletcher, but no good $$ yet. Would it be horrible to try and phone for a result? I long to close this chapter on my life and waiting around for some letter in the mail sounds unbearable...

Hey LeeLee, so you already heard from SIS? Was it email or mail?? Would you mind saying when you got the word? Thanks and congratulations on all your acceptances!

I'm in another country, so I'm pretty worried as to when I'll get a notification in case they only send it through the postal service...