Georgetown MSFS Fall 2010

IntBiz

Hi Blue-sky,

Which email address did you send your email out, when you contacted the school yesterday?

not sure if anyone is still waiting to hear from msfs. i just dropped them an email reminding them it is already april.

they replied within a hour to say that i am rejected. no big deal for me, but if anyone is still waiting, just drop them an email and get your answer :)

i'm done with the season!

i used the same address everyone is using.

the reason why they told me their admission decision over email is that i sent them an email on 18 march, explaining that i need to know the outcome asap because i need to respond to a job offer. they replied on 19 march to say that a decision has been made and i should receive something in the post soon. so when i emailed them yesterday, i pointed out that their letter has not reached me. i think they are obliged to tell me, since they promised it would be sent out soon in their reply on 19 match.

i am not trying to be a wet blanket here, but i can't imagine a school will inform you that you have been admitted and give you less than a week to respond. i think it is in our best interest to make a decision based on whatever offers we have at this point, instead of just waiting for msfs.

i am not saying this because i am rejected (i got into my top choice anyway), but i really think that msfs is being extremely unprofessional here by insisting that decisions can only be conveyed over mail. they have already sent out admittance via email, why can't they do that for rejections?

Hi Blue-sky,

Which email address did you send your email out, when you contacted the school yesterday?

Edited by sky_blue

For those of you still waiting to hear from G-town (via potal mail). You should contact msfs.info email address. They will give you admissions results immediately. I wish they could have told me much earlier either email or mail. They kept telling me that the letter was sent out for the last 3 weeks. I ran out of my patience,and sent my email to msfs email address. They told me the result within 5 mins.

I could not exercise the same patience and emailed last night...here was the response I received this morning:

Official decision letters for the MSFS program have been mailed from this office within the last few days. You should receive your notification through the postal service within a matter of days.

Sincerely,

Georgetown Graduate Admissions

Check's in the mail, right? Lol.

For those of you still waiting to hear from G-town (via potal mail). You should contact msfs.info email address. They will give you admissions results immediately. I wish they could have told me much earlier either email or mail. They kept telling me that the letter was sent out for the last 3 weeks. I ran out of my patience,and sent my email to msfs email address. They told me the result within 5 mins.

I e-mailed the msfsinfo address and received:

"Thank you for your inquiry!

The information regarding the admissions decision on your

application has been mailed out and you should receive it

shortly. Unfortunately, that is all I can tell you at this

time."

wtf.

wow they are out of control I cannot believe so many of us have been waiting for so long and still nothing! I guess I should try emailing them just to get that closure from them. GSPP or SAIS for me! good luck everyone on your decisions!!

I have to say, Georgetown is an awful beast of bureaucracy. But the MAGES program has been awesome in getting back to me and keeping me in the loop.

Apparently I won't receive financial aid information until July or August. Because that's normal for them- I asked my program because the university just kept telling me it was 'I would get it with my acceptance packet' when I was accepted over a month ago. You'd think such a good school could have a more competent graduate admissions system