I really want to...

iWILLgetin

I got an email from a faculty member at my top choice school, which gives guaranteed funding to all PhD students for the entire duration of the degree, offering me admission into her lab shortly (think 1 day) after the interview. The official letter is in the mail, but I haven't received it yet. I really want to email her and say 'of course I will accept!' right now and get the ball rolling but I feel like I should wait for the official letter.

Note: I know I want to go here, not the other places I was accepted or have not heard from yet.

Any opinions/advice?

I got a similar e-mail yesterday, and wrote back how excited I am about the program and how I'm looking forward to receiving the formal acceptance in the mail. Wait to see what they put in writing -- there's no rush.

I got an email from a faculty member at my top choice school, which gives guaranteed funding to all PhD students for the entire duration of the degree, offering me admission into her lab shortly (think 1 day) after the interview. The official letter is in the mail, but I haven't received it yet. I really want to email her and say 'of course I will accept!' right now and get the ball rolling but I feel like I should wait for the official letter.

Note: I know I want to go here, not the other places I was accepted or have not heard from yet.

Any opinions/advice?

Wait for the letter and make sure for sure it matches the verbal offer. I'm sure she knows you are super excited. Wait for all your options before you decide.

Here's a post that seems smart to me: