Sent an Inquiry about my app status...

geochic

and I still haven't heard back. It has been a couple of days. I sent an email to the prof with whom I've had the most contact and who was reviewing my file over the past weekend, and --nothing yet-and now it's Friday night-Ughh this is agonizing!

How long has it taken everyone to get a response? Should I send inquiry to the grad administrator?

Just sent two emails to 2 of my final four to ask them about the decisions. Not expecting anything, but if they are rejections, I'd like to know, so that I can start closing the door on the matter.

thank you for that reply..... a school has posted on its website " results will be out by 16 march "

fromt he results section in this cafe I find admits are sent day 1 and rejects day 2 ... being 15 today i am wondering if mine is a reject ... this tension is killing me arghhhhhhhhhhhhh :angry::unsure:

Yup I still haven't heard anything. I may call the administrator this afternoon. At this point I'm literally just waiting on this school. I have to make a decision on one school by March 26 so I feel like I'm pressed for time.

Good luck to everybody else waiting!!

thank you for that reply..... a school has posted on its website " results will be out by 16 march "

fromt he results section in this cafe I find admits are sent day 1 and rejects day 2 ... being 15 today i am wondering if mine is a reject ... this tension is killing me arghhhhhhhhhhhhh :angry::unsure:

Well, you could be on the waitlist, or a borderline case, which means that they'll have to sift out all the others first. Hang on in there, and hope for the best!smile.gif

March 17 -- stillno news .. the website says "Applicants are notified of acceptance and financial commitments by March 16th of each year" I wrote to the grad school yesterday -- no replies.. does that mean a reject ??? :unsure:

anyways will try calling them up .. how are things with the rest guys ??? any good news????

The worst part is no one from that program ahs put out the results on net ................. not sure if I am the only one waiting for those results ...hmmm /..... todays evening call might resolve that ..hopefully

agnel, I know what you mean. Some of the programs don't seem to have made any disclosures to anyone on the forum. I know that I am not the only applicant to some of these programs, so I am wondering why these programs are keeping us in suspense. Short of giving them a call, I'm not sure what else I can do.

I emailed my potential advisor and, while he did get back to me, he hadn't heard anything. He is affiliated with the University though, not a professor there. So maybe they just decided not to give him any info? It's comforting to know other people are still waiting (and that other have emailed their potential advisors to ask...)

Ah, sweet nausea of anxiety!

i did email the secretary at U.Iowa, she gave me the scoop (said the odds of me getting in at this point wasn't so high, but that wasn't the 'official' thing yet).

my email to Lehigh and UD have yet to be answered :(

why some schools are more courteous than others....idk

I think calling's the way to go if the school's being slow. My school had a history (according to the results pg) of April and May decisions. That's ridiculous. I called. I found myself on the rejection list I knew I'd be on. But it was better than the infernal NOT KNOWING!!!! They know, yet the secretary informed me they wouldn't notify formally by mail for 2 more months. Why?!?!

Still waiting for 1 school / (rejection) .... 1 result on the result pg today regarding school #7. 0 for 6.