UChicago Math Dept. -- What is it like?

Can anyone describe University of Chicago's math department? What are its strengths, how are its students and atmosphere?

I'm wondering because I've been accepted into their *physics* department, but I have an interest in mathematics as well. (I studied pure mathematics in undergrad and was debating whether to apply for physics or math or computer science grad schools, but ultimately decided I'm a little more interested in applying mathematics to other fields [like physics and theoretical computer science], than in advancing mathematics itself; however, I could see myself kinda going both ways, and certainly would like to be involved/maybe have collaborations with the math dept.)

I really have no idea how to evaluate math departments, so I figured I'd ask here. Also, if it matters, I'm particularly curious about topology and logic (if I were to study pure math, right now those would probably be my areas).