UCLA Political Science

Guest cd1

I know there have been a number of UCLA political science acceptances posted to this website recently, but almost no one has indicated which area of study they were accepted for. I am wondering whether anyone has been accepted or rejected for political theory yet.

OK, I checked my application status online and it has an official offer of admission (dated Feb. 15th wtf?) but I havent heard a peep from the department....could they have possibly put the acceptance up there by mistake?

congratulations! That is weird that the decision was dated feb 15th...

Are you applying for political theory or some other concentration?

Maybe you should contact the department and ask when funding decisions will be made.

Guest yanochka

same thing for me: letter of acceptance on the website, dated Feb 15, e-mailed about it this morning, March 8. I'm in IR. No word on funding.

OK, I checked my application status online and it has an official offer of admission (dated Feb. 15th wtf?) but I havent heard a peep from the department....could they have possibly put the acceptance up there by mistake?

I e-mailed & got a response. The dept. said I'll get something "official" in the mail sometime this week or early next that will contain funding info. fingers crossed but for some reason i'm pessimistic. we'll see.

(ps: I want to study American & methodology)

• 1 month later...

i had wanted to apply to the poli sci dept at ucla first. but then i emailed one of the students there and she said the funding opportunities are extremely competitive. she said they would rank grad students based on gpa and decide on who gets funded. that scared me away. do they really not guarantee four years of funding?

Guest Guest

The offers from UCLA differ. I had an offer that guaranteed four years of funding, but I've heard that some applicants aren't offered funding at all.