USC MSW Online - August/September Cohort

bella.usc

Hello! I've been lurking this forum ever last year ? so, this past week I applied to USC online MSW program for the September cohort. The priority deadline is June 26th, while the final deadline iis later in mid-July . Class begins in later August, is there anyone else who has applied - and most importantly, is it difficulty to get into USC"s online MSW program vs the on-campus? The admissions counselor at USC used to call frequently to get me to apply sooner, and even offered a fee waiver for my application fee.. I'm guessing that they really wanted my application in, but now I'm wondering if anyone else is applying for this cohort. 

I submitted my application on June 6th~ my transcript has yet to mailed to them. I applied to the online 3-year part time program, what about you?

Hoping to hear from them soon! I am definitely going to USC if I do get in ?, good luck to you as well~ ?

Edited by bella.usc

• 4 weeks later...

Received a call last Thursday from my admissions counselor that my decision will be emailed to me within 2-weeks time? The wait is killing me, I really hope I get in. 

My admissions counselor emailed on Tuesday, apparently they were reviewing my application and needed more documentation ASAP. I’m hoping I hear something tomorrow the wait is killing me! 

Tell me bout it, been checking my email everyday this week. What type of documentation did they need? ?

I also received a call this past Tuesday again from my admissions counselor that I should be hearing by the end of this week. Just want this wait to be over with ?

I was already enrolled in a graduate program at another university. I had to provide proof that I had withdrawn from the program/school or write a letter stating that if accepted I would withdraw. This is in addition to the concurrent enrollment agreement that I had already submitted last week. I don’t know if I should take this as good news or bad news. Did you attend the round table tonight?? 

Oh wow, were you in another MSW program? I would take this as good news, not necessarily bad. 

I didn't attend the round table - actually didn't attend any of the seminars. I am so nervous today- let me know if you get in today!! 

Congrats!!! I haven't heard anything yet.  My admissions counselor just emailed me again to ask if I was accepted was I still willing to fill pay the fee. This is killing me!

Thank you! You will hear back soon~ I'm sure you will be accepted seeing that you were already in another grad program- it took nearly 2 months for them to get back to me. I'm just so relieved this wait is over. Looking forward to this new, exciting chapter in my life! 

Not going to lie, I did freak out a little bit because I hadn't heard anything yet. I emailed my admissions counselor and she let me know that they are behind on decisions because they had a lot come in at the last minute so I should hear something back by next week.

No, I haven't. I scheduled the welcome call from my academic advisor for next week- haven't received any information about registering for classes. Just submitted my field placement application, paid the $280 deposit along w/ intent to enroll.