University of Texas MGPS

This is my second year applying to the MGPS program, so I might be able to give some insight. Last year, I met with a representative and got to ask some questions personally (if you are in Austin, I would suggest doing this). The program itself is very up-and-coming. It is new, but already highly-ranked, probably due to the reputation of the MPP program. I did however get the impression that they were still experimenting with curriclum, trying to make it as effective as possible. The major pro of LBJ is the cost, especially if you are in state. The con is definitely the location. I love Austin, but it is not a hub for international affairs, like DC or NYC. Connections for internships and entry level work will not be as international.

Other than that, I got a good feeling about the place, if that counts. Last year, I would have gone no questions asked, but I got rejected. Now that I got in this year, I am more than leaning toward DC. I got into American yesterday, and I feel it would be a more complete and connected experience. Best of luck. I hope you get my spot.