DAAD Helmut-Schmidt

dreammimashou

14 hours ago, julieFYI said:

Hi there! I ran into you in the post I did about Hertie. I applied for the programme too, and chose the MPPs offered by Hertie and Willy Brandt. What were your choices?

Best of luck!

Hi, yes! :) I applied at Hertie and Osnabruck Uni. Where are you from?

On 8/8/2018 at 3:33 PM, dreammimashou said:

Hello! What's your other choice of school?

It's my only choice. I meant to apply to Hertie as well but I messed up during the writing part of my IELTS lol

I also applied to Willy Brandt. My referee emailed saying he submitted the recommendation but I did not receive a confirmation email from the school. Though I did get a confirmation email for my first reference. Did you guys receive a confirmation email? 

3 hours ago, AichS said:

I also applied to Willy Brandt. My referee emailed saying he submitted the recommendation but I did not receive a confirmation email from the school. Though I did get a confirmation email for my first reference. Did you guys receive a confirmation email? 

I did receive a generic confirmation email each time my referees submitted my application. Why don't you check? If I recall correctly, reference letters could be sent until august 31st.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 3:13 PM, elyeap said:

I applied to Willy Brandt too. Anyone received any updates yet?

Haven't heard from them. The confirmation email said, shortlisted candidates will be contacted in Sep and final decisions in Mid-Dec. Feels like a long wait.

13 hours ago, AichS said:

Haven't heard from them. The confirmation email said, shortlisted candidates will be contacted in Sep and final decisions in Mid-Dec. Feels like a long wait.

I thought it was September too, but on the website it says the shortlisted candidates will be contacted late October, which then you should submit hard copies of your documents, with final decision in December. I don't know which one is correct.

5 hours ago, krush said:

I thought it was September too, but on the website it says the shortlisted candidates will be contacted late October, which then you should submit hard copies of your documents, with final decision in December. I don't know which one is correct.

Which other school did you apply for? Hertie says decisions are expected in Nov-Dec., my status has moved to 'selection committee'

5 hours ago, AichS said:

Which other school did you apply for? Hertie says decisions are expected in Nov-Dec., my status has moved to 'selection committee'

As I said on my previous reply in this thread, only Willy Brandt School. I think each school has their own dates. My previous reply to you was about application process in Willy Brandt, not Hertie or other schools.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:34 AM, elyeap said:

Cool, thanks for the information. Does anyone know how many applicants apply to the school every year and how many are selected to the program?

I have the same doubt, but haven't been able to find the info. On the Hertie site there are lists with a small description of each year's graduates. For what I have seen, there are around 3 to 4 DAAD scholars each year, but this is just my guessing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I sent an email to ask Willy Brandt about the scholarship. In their response they explained that they are sending emails (conditional admission) to shortlisted candidates until late October, if you don't get an email it means you are not selected. They got about 700+ applications and can only select 10 scholars. I'm not too hopeful and I'm okay with that, but I wish good luck to everyone here.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:41 PM, krush said:

Hello everyone. I sent an email to ask Willy Brandt about the scholarship. In their response they explained that they are sending emails (conditional admission) to shortlisted candidates until late October, if you don't get an email it means you are not selected. They got about 700+ applications and can only select 10 scholars. I'm not too hopeful and I'm okay with that, but I wish good luck to everyone here.

Thanks for the update.

Haven't received an email from them either.