Supplementing Maths for CS Graduate School Application

Mapacheescondido

Question

I am applying to a graduate school program (HCID program at EIT digital with preference to UPS and UPM https://masterschool.eitdigital.eu/programmes/hcid/). I am an emergency response humanitarian (UN and Red Cross currently) working in innovation in the field. I wanted to do a more technical program to work on some innovative tech ideas, despite after an IR ungrad and grad degree.

I've already talked to the head of programme (who was very nice and open to my questions) and he suggested I supplement my application with more advanced mathematics - specifically statistics. I have about 6 years of work exp in basic and intermediate stats right now.

I'd like to find something I can do online that can formally be a part of my graduate school application. I'd prefer it to be multi-course (it was suggested I do 10-15 credits worth) with a some sort of certificate at the end. Looking around, there seem to be a lot of options but I wondered if there were ones that stood out. Ones I've found so far:

- John Hopkins' data science specialization (coursera) seems to be the most marketed but reviews were negative.
- Methods and Statistics in Social Sciences Specialization from University of Amsterdam (coursera).
- Statistics with R Specialization from Duke (coursera) also looks good.

Some people have suggested taking courses from US universities versus Cousera, but these programs are so expensive I'd like to find other ways if possible - online certificates through edX, coursera and a portfolio, etc...

I am open to any other options and suggestions!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet