Skype interviews MA programs at Sotheby's and Christie's New York campus

1401renaissance

Skype interviews MA programs at Sotheby's and Christie's New York campus

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am applying to MA in art business at Sotheby's and MA Art, Law, and Business at Christie's, both New York campus, for fall 2019

I'll be graduating next year in 2019 with the undergraduate degree in History of Art and Archeology from France. I've now just startied the application process, papers, administrative works, etc to ensure a satisfying outcome and I really hope this effort will not result in vain.

I'm having tremendous difficulties finding an advice on the whole MA application process, especially the Skype interviews. Since I will be in France, I won't be able to do a face-to-face interview in New York, but will probably be doing the Skype interviews. I've heard that Christie's have a really tricky Skype interview, where the interviewer give you a restricted time to read an article to write a critique on, or write a commentary on the artwork without the label, and then for the round two Skype interview, you have to do a simultaneous Skype discussions with other multiple candidates on current art market issues, etc...

The whole Skype interview seems a little daunting to me, especially for a foreign student with purely academic background like me. I'm having trouble finding someone who's gone through the Skype interview for MA application process of Sotheby's and Christie's New York. I really would like to know how the MA application journey was processed, especially the Skype interviews. Any information on either would be extremely helpful. I'm desperately asking for any tips/ advice on both schools, since I don't know anyone personally from my French university who went through this process, and the informations are very scarce from the insiders from Sotheby's and Christie's.

Thank you very much in advance.