should i apply or not

Hey guys! i'm new to this forum as i just found out about gradcafe today. i am an upcoming 4th year majoring in psych. i am planning to apply to MSW grad schools: CSUF, CSULB, CSUDH for this Fall. However i realized that i don't have much experience to begin with, but i have a good gpa: around 3.65. i know the application process is tough and so i'm not sure if i should take a gap year and gain the experience and apply next fall or should i just take the plunge and apply now. has anyone gotten accepted with little volunteer / work experience? any info/opinion is appreciated!

CSUs tend to be harder than other programs, so you should focus on getting more experience in the next year or two before applying. Some programs will accept less experienced students and stick them with lots of debt, so the more experience you have, the better your chances at funding. (This depends on the program, as some have more money than others.)