Which school should I go to?

zillerkaz

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is in the wrong area. I have been accepted to Georgetown's MPP program, UCLA (no funding), and University of Texas at Austin ($18,000 fellowship, and waiver of nonresidency). I'm still waiting to hear from 2 more schools, but from the very beginning, I've been set on Georgetown. I have a feeling I won't get much funding from Georgetown and $18k is a lot of money to turn down at University of Texas Austin. I know decisions are different for everyone, but I was hoping that you would provide your opinion/advice on which school you would go to, given the current admissions.

Thanks,

JP

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is in the wrong area. I have been accepted to Georgetown's MPP program, UCLA (no funding), and University of Texas at Austin ($18,000 fellowship, and waiver of nonresidency). I'm still waiting to hear from 2 more schools, but from the very beginning, I've been set on Georgetown. I have a feeling I won't get much funding from Georgetown and $18k is a lot of money to turn down at University of Texas Austin. I know decisions are different for everyone, but I was hoping that you would provide your opinion/advice on which school you would go to, given the current admissions.

Thanks,

JP

In this economy, unless you're 100% sure you'd never regret taking out loans to go to Georgetown, I'd take the funded offer and enjoy the South by Southwest music festival :)