Oxford SAID, Low GPA/Near Perfect GRE

coldfoam

For background, I am an American and would have 6 years of work experience at the time of matriculation.

I received a Finance/International Relations degree at a top 20 US school with a 2.9GPA. Thereafter I worked for The World Bank about 1.5 years, an investment fund over in Asia for 2.5 years and moved to a family office where I was given capital to manage my own portfolio this year (applying for business school as a backup to this). 

Test score wise I took the GRE (no GMAT) and scored 170 on Quant 169 on Verbal and a 5.5 on Writing. Also passed CFA Level 1. My intent is to leave the hedge fund world and move into strategy - whether that is consulting, tech or an LGBT advocacy group. SAID popped out to me as a nice 1 year program which is globally focused. My recommendations will come from a former ambassador and Bush cabinet member who was an IR professor for my capstone course in undergrad, 

Is it worth throwing my application out?