Applied Math/Stats interested in CE/ML grad school

alshap1010

Hello,

I am going into my senior year of college, and I know I want to go to grad school, but I am constantly second guessing what type of programs I want to applied to. I am an Applied Math major, with a minor in Stats and a concentration in programming, and I can program in C++, Matlab, Python, and R. I have received  A's in all 8 of my programming courses, but they are courses in the Math and Stats departments and not the CS department.

I am interested in getting a Phd is a field that will allow me to get into research in Data Science and Machine Learning. I have been looking at Stats programs, but I really enjoy the programming courses more than Stats theory. I realize most CS departments require some undergraduate breadth courses, and since none of my programming courses are in the CS department, I would have to take a large number of undergraduate courses in addition to my graduate classes, which makes me a not a great candidate to apply for these programs. But, I have noticed that many computer engineering or EE programs don't have this breath requirement and seem more open to non-CS majors. Additionally, some of them have focuses on ML and Data Science or other interesting topics. Would these be appropriate programs to apply to, and are there any good recommendations of schools to apply to for ML, both reach schools and more reasonable schools?