UPenn Master of Computer and Information Technology (MCIT) Program -- Chance Me

humbug

For the unaware, this is a program designed for students without a computer science background. 

Undergraduate Institution: Top 100 State University

Major: Biology

GPA: 3.56 (Upward trend- 3.98 as upperclassman)

I’ve gotten A’s/A-‘s in all quantitative coursework, which includes introductory classes in calculus, physics, statistics, and one computer science course.

I also took additional classes at a community college during summers and after I graduated. This brings the total GPA of all my undergraduate coursework up to a 3.63.

Activities: Teaching Assistant for Anatomy and Physiology. Research Assistant for one semester.

LORs: Two professors who know me pretty well. I was the top student in their classes; however, I didn’t do any kind of extracurricular work with them.

Jobs: Worked for a well-known pharmaceutical company for a year after graduating in '17. Working on getting a job as a research/lab technician right now.

GRE: I have yet to take the GRE, but I’ve been averaging >325 on the practice tests. Assuming I manage to get > 165 on the quant, what do you think my chances are?