Anyone have info on NC State's CRDM or Clemson's RCID program?

I have looked into both of these programs extensively, but I'm wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with either? They seem fairly similar, but I'm wondering if there is any word on what the strengths are of either program over the other? I know these programs are fairly new. Are they generally well respected in English? I'm aiming for a job in an English department at a small teaching college or community college in the southeast. Would they both set me up pretty well for good chances in those areas?

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2020 at 4:43 PM, AnonymousHedgehog said:

If it is down to the two programs, I would say NC State without a doubt. And I’m at Clemson. Leadership has gone downhill. 

What do you mean? Clemson still offers a strong stipend for COL, at least.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:40 PM, Shakespeares Sister said:

What do you mean? Clemson still offers a strong stipend for COL, at least.

Stipend is fine but there is no input or communication on class assignments anymore. Almost everyone must now teach freshman writing. Leadership for the program also sends emails about rumors and other things that should not be in a listserv.

Edited by AnonymousHedgehog

• 1 month later...

Applied to CRDM, got in w/ full funding and while it was a match with my research interests, the fellowship/funding situation is far less than ideal (probably definitely because of state funding limits). I have a friend at RCID who loves it, but also only applied there to work with Vitanza. 

• 3 weeks later...