Penn State English MA

I know the PhD offers have happened, but has anyone heard anything about the status of the MA program? I saw on the results board that there were 700 applicants (eep), and I know that they might not make offers until late March or early April. Just thought I'd ask.

I know the PhD offers have happened, but has anyone heard anything about the status of the MA program? I saw on the results board that there were 700 applicants (eep), and I know that they might not make offers until late March or early April. Just thought I'd ask.

Do you mean the MA-to-PhD track, or is there a specifically terminal MA at Penn State?

I was accepted to the MA (I applied directly to the MA and was accepted with the intention and expectation that I would continue on to the PhD, and therefore with funding to cover the years of the PhD) and I know that most people being accepted are in the same boat; they're taking very few direct-to-PhD students. I'm not sure if you're talking about this program or a terminal MA (in which case I've no idea), but I know that Penn State tends to draw their admits out for quite a while, so more acceptances are very possible. I'll be visiting this weekend, so I'll try to keep my ears open for more info.

Edited by Pamphilia

I applied to the MA in Rhet/Comp at Penn State and have not heard any news. A professor of mine is in contact with one of the directors of graduate study there, though, and has confirmed that the decision process is still underway. My understanding (from Penn State's website) was that applicants have to reapply to the PhD program during the second year of their MA. I'm not sure if that would qualify as terminal or not, but I know my application was specifically for the Master's program.

As far as I've heard, they're not done with the PhDs either...