National (Grad ) Portfolio Review Online

RMELATI

Hello There,

I wanted to know if anyone had experience with the Grad Online Portfolio Review or is planning on attending. I am just looking for general feedback. I was looking online but I didn't see any specific information without registering. This would be a year before I actually apply to a Grad Program so I am looking for some general feedback.

Thanks?

I haven't done the online review day but I did go to a grad portfolio day once in the past to get the general feedback that you're describing. At the time I was thinking of applying to grad school the following year although I am only ending up applying a few years later. Regardless, it was incredibly helpful and everyone I spoke to was happy to talk. I think many were actually a little glad to get a break from reviewing portfolios for applications and instead giving more general advice on work direction and future goals; all appreciated the curiosity and impulse to start conversations about the work. They also gave very helpful advice on residencies and programs to look into in the interim. I'd recommend talking to a wide spectrum of schools if you do this, some that you would definitely apply to and some that you have no interest in, simply for the variety of feedback and to make yourself more comfortable talking to admissions people.