F1 visa and same sex couples

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on whether international students may apply for an F2 visa for their same sex partners. I know that heterosexuals can apply to bring their spouse/kids to the US on an F1/F2 visa. Not sure if the same applies to same sex couples?? Any experience of this.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on whether international students may apply for an F2 visa for their same sex partners. I know that heterosexuals can apply to bring their spouse/kids to the US on an F1/F2 visa. Not sure if the same applies to same sex couples?? Any experience of this.

I'm fairly certain, I'm sorry to say, that the US currently doesn't recognize same sex partners, based on what I know about the visa system and my experience with it. While some states recognize same-sex marriage, the federal government (and hence USCIS) still does not. Change *will* come, but unfortunately at the rate it's going, it will be awhile.

Here's a link that popped up when I did a quick google search: http://www.immigrationequality.org/template.php?pageid=154

Sorry buddy. Alexis is right. Some of us have gone through a lot to get our non US citizen same sex spouses to stay here after school. There are no immigration benefits for same sex couples. It's a hard call but you might want your partner to try to get in on F1 too, if possible. Hopefully, change will come soon.